Koi & Friends' RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trekkies United: Going Boldly

2 posters

Page 14 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

Trekkies United: Going Boldly - Page 14 Empty Re: Trekkies United: Going Boldly

Post by GallifreyHanyou Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:24 am

"well, I would hope so, but I certainly couldn't seem to find you!" she kept giggling. "so...are you feeling a bit better now? you seem a bit less stressed than you were yesterday, at least." she looked up as she heard the bell for lunch time. "really?! I slept that long!" she suddenly looked a bit alarmed. "but I have to study! why didn't you wake me?!" it was clear she wasn't really upset with him at all, more frustrated at herself for falling asleep in  the first place.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 805

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Matrix nodded. "Yes, I am. The statement went well, and the station commander was very nice. Apparently, he was in my father's class at the Academy." He glanced up at the bell, frowning a little at her reaction. "Because you needed the rest," he pointed out. "You have the day off, remember? You need to take it easy so you don't re-injure your thumb. Try not to stress so much."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 1057

http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:54 am

Brianna groaned at his matter-of-factness. "come on, I need to eat something..." she got up, setting the tablet back on the table, knowing it wouldn't be bothered. she looked at the ugly clunky mitten on her right hand again and sighed mournfully. "at least I'm a lefty, eh?" she murmured, partly to herself. "did you see the menu today? I didn't get the chance to check it myself yet."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 am

Matrix nodded, standing up, as well. He regarded her right hand with a slight frown, glancing up as she spoke. "I suppose that's something we share," he said with faint amusement. "I favor my left hand, as well." He started to head toward the door, looking back over his shoulder at her question. "No, but based on the schedule they've tended toward so far, I believe it may be beef and barley soup again," he told her, adding with a glimmer in his eye, "and strawberry trifle."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:46 am

"oh, that sounds fantastic," she said, hurrying forward to walk beside him, finally able to muster some enthusiasm. "I wonder if they'll let me have an extra roll or something since I'm healing. I could use the extra energy...besides, the rolls they serve with the soup are delicious." after getting in line behind him, she finally realized the rather obvious problem that she actually couldn't carry her tray with only one good hand...
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:55 am

"Perhaps," Matrix agreed cheerfully, glad she seemed to be feeling a bit more enthusiastic. "You could certainly ask for one." Reaching the cafeteria, he got in line, only to feel a spark of uncertainty and disappointment from her. He glanced behind him, regarding her for a moment, glancing at her hand, before realizing the likely reason. "Don't worry, I can carry your tray for you," he offered with a smile.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:31 am

"oh, thank you..." she sighed in relief, getting the extra roll and going to sit down, waiting for him to set down the tray so she could start eating. "mmm...delishuph..." she mumbled, starting to shovel down the soup, ignoring the trifle for now as she was craving meat.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:52 am

"Of course," Matrix told her, carrying both their trays to their usual table and sitting hers down in front of her before seating himself and tucking into his trifle. He gave an amused snort at her poor show of manners, shaking his head. "So, around what time would you like to have that chat with Counselor Troi?" he asked her as he raised the spoon to his mouth again, taking the bite once he'd finished speaking.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:59 am

"hmmph?" she looked up, having forgotten about that already. "probably about four?" she shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure...just thinking about talking about all that is a bit awkward, to be honest..."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:35 am

"Yeah, it is, just a bit," Matrix agreed with a frown. "The whole thing is a bit... private... I suppose. I think Counselor Troi could really help us, though - and you, in particular. Perhaps once we start talking to her we'll feel more comfortable."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:58 pm

"yeah, I hope so..." she mused, taking another bite to finish off her soup so she could start on the trifle with a thoughtful hum. "it's really nice to get to eat so many red meat dishes without having to worry about my iron content exploding," she noted between bites. "yeah, 1600 should be good. that will give me some time to study...or rest, I could rest too," she added at the faint spark of exasperation from him.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm

"I would imagine it is," Matrix agreed. "It can't have been easy dealing with your iron levels in such a drastic manner, especially when there was such a simple solution, with our technology." He took another bite of trifle, growing a little exasperated when she mentioned studying once more. "Why don't you take some time to just relax? Do something you enjoy. Don't you have any hobbies?" he questioned, frowning as he realized she'd never spoken of any, and he'd never really asked.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:02 pm

"um..." she looked and definitely felt pretty embarrassed when he asked about hobbies. "my main hobby is pretty much studying, to be honest. learning always made me happy..." she blushed a bit. "that and I didn't have the patience to deal with a teacher long enough to learn any sort of handicraft. even now in class, I try to learn everything ahead of time so  the teacher never has to focus on me or teach me anything with my hands. I can be a bit clumsy...as you can tell." she glanced at her mitten again. "I've always kind of wanted to take up crochet, or maybe tatting lace, something girly to offset my usual skillset, and hopefully to make me a little better with my hands..."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Matrix listened quietly, tilting his head a little toward the end. "Well... why don't you look into it?" he questioned. "I think that's a splendid idea. Certainly there's written instruction on how to get started with anything you might be interested in - no teachers required." He smiled. "My father likes to paint. I've considered picking it up myself, but never quite found the time to mess around with it much. Perhaps we should learn our hobbies together."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:32 pm

"hmm, that does sound nice...but maybe not painting for me. I get dirty enough at work without wanting to have to bathe again after my fun time." she tapped her chin. "you mentioned the violin before. I've heard that's a pretty skilled instrument, but I'm sure I could pick up something simpler that might complement it. like the mouth organ or the penny whistle. maybe even a celtic drum, I've heard those take some skill to play well."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:36 pm

"Well, I really meant that you could learn to knit whilst I learn to paint," he said with a little laugh, "but your idea sounds better. I've always quite liked the sound of a penny whistle, but perhaps that's because Captain Picard has a very special flute that sounds similar. Any one of those sounds like a viable option."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:43 pm

"I think I'll get one, then, if you like it," she hummed. "maybe we could learn some celtic music, that would be quite nice. it's one of my favorite kinds, probably because of where I lived on earth. I don't have the best singing voice, myself, but I could teach you the words. although, if I remember it's usually the mandolin or accordion player who actually sings in an irish band..." she hummed again, thoughtful. 

the bell sounded to go back to class and everyone filed out, soon leaving them alone
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:53 pm

(I love mandolins. A shame you rarely hear them. :C)

Matrix nodded, his eyes brightening with excitement. "That sounds fantastic," he agreed eagerly. "I'd certainly be up for singing, and perhaps I could even learn the mandolin, as well. I've always quite liked the sound of it, too." He heard the bell, but it didn't really register much past just acknowledging it was there, before he focused on the topic at hand once more. "It's too bad we don't know anyone else - we could start a band," he added with a good deal of amusement.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:45 am

"well, if you took up the mandolin we'd have to have another fiddle player," she pointed out. "you really can't call yourself a proper irish band without a fiddle. OH! maybe your dad could do it!" she said excitedly, beaming and bouncing in her seat a little. "who should I see about getting a penny whistle to practice with? it should be a pretty easy thing to replicate." one of the galley workers made their way over. "I hope you're done eating, cadets. mealtime's over and the galley's closed until dinner."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:14 pm

"Perhaps, though that would mean calling him up every time we wanted to practice and hoping the Enterprise is in range - unless you have a better idea," he pointed out with a bit of disappointment. He then gave a mock scowl. "If I had four arms, I could play both. Cursed human anatomy!" He gave a little giggle. "It shouldn't be too difficult to replicate one, yes. I'm sure there's someone on the station who would be willing to help. Perhaps ask the same person who helped reprogram the food slots for you?" He looked up as the worker approached, looking a little sheepish. "Ah, yes, we're finished. We just got a little distracted talking, is all. Sorry, sir," he apologized, getting to his feet and picking up his tray, as well as Brianna's, to return them to the front.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:27 pm

"yeah, sorry..." brianna got up and followed him around until everything was put in its proper place, then led him back to the lounge. "well, in the meantime...I'd love to hear you play your violin, if you don't mind..." she sat on the edge of her chair eagerly
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:03 am

Once everything was put back, Matrix followed her to the lounge, giving a smile and nodding at her request. "Alright, let me go get it," he said, before heading back out of the lounge and toward his quarters.

He returned a few minutes later, violin and bow in hand. It was a beautifully glossy instrument, made of deep burgundy wood. He sat down in a chair near her and looked at her expectantly. "Any requests?" he asked with a tilt of his head. "I typically play classical."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:48 am

Brianna sat up a little more. "classical is just fine. I want to hear what you normally do, what you like the best." she loved fiddle music of every kind and genre. "go on, then. just pick something, I promise I'll like it. I might even be familiar with the piece myself."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:19 am

(Dangit, I was hoping you'd give me a piece. I don't really listen to classical so I don't know all the names XD)

Matrix nodded, frowning for a moment as he thought about what to play before giving another little nod to himself, positioning the instrument and raising the bow. He pulled it across the strings, closing his eyes as he felt the music flow from the instrument, proficient enough to play by ear and feel rather than sight. The music was sweet, and it was clear he was a practiced player.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:14 pm

(I mean, I don't either...XD)

brianna soon closed her eyes as well, swaying a little to the cadence of the music as it rose and fell, a soft smile on her face. it was a beautiful piece and played by practiced hands that knew where to alter it to make it more emotional and passionate... once he was through, she opened her eyes with that same soft smile still on her face. "that was beautiful, Mat. you're such a skilled player."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next