so stuff's happening

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: so stuff's happening

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:48 am

aww, sweet! thanks, Sou!

if I may ask, what on earth have you been doing?

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 388

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 am

Aww, poor Sou. D: -pats- Hopefully things have been easier today!

Gonna get in a quick post at Hermits and then I'm off for a bit. Should be back on for a little while when I wake up xD
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 581

View user profile http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:02 pm

sorry, I was playing spore!

are you coming back today, or tomorrow?

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 pm

No problemo, I wound up sleeping a bit longer than I intended, and then got to talking with my mom lol.

Today~ Should be able to be on for a little bit at least.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Yay! I was just working on doing Eaglefeather's family tree /sweats/ it's too bad there's no family for her...and who should her and sandpelt's mentors have been?

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Hehe, family trees can be difficult, especially when you have a lack of names xD If you wanted, I could make a couple throwaway characters and roleplay them (sparingly, so I don't get too attached XD) until we decide to kill them off? i have a few others like that. And I was considering that they could possibly be related to my elder Foxpelt, since he, too, is a sorrel ticked tabby (which is what Sand would seem to be? Genetically, red cats cannot be a true solid color - they are always technically tabby because they have the agouti banding present, even if they don't look tabby on first glance. Abyssinians, for instance, are still tabby, even though they have no evident stripes. These two are sorrel Abys: Link Link As you can see, the color can vary a bit. Is that about what Sand looks like (minus the white spotting, of course)? I have some of Foxpelt's relations down - he did have children and grandchildren, so it wouldn't be a big deal to slip in another grandchild, or something. That would also make Sand and Eagle cousins of my character Emberflame's kits, since their father (Redpath, who is deceased) was Foxpelt's grandson~ You can see his tree here: Link The only issues I could foresee with doing that would be if we decided for some reason we wanted to pursue a romance between one of Ember's kits and Kestrel or any kits Sandpelt may have in future, but a cousinly friendship could also be interesting, so there's that. xD
Are there any names and/or appearances you would want for their parents?

As for mentors... Hmm. Let me go look.
I could easily see my Wiseheart having mentored Sandpelt - their personalities would meld quite well, and I have no apprentices assigned to Wise in Sand's age range, so he would've been free. As for Eagle, she might bee a good match for my Brightspirit - I've yet to assign any apprentices to her. Or you could ask Sou if she's interested in providing a former mentor - i don't want to hog all the relations xD
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

he's pretty close to the one who's sitting down, actually, shade-wise. I did initially have him down as a tabby, but then I decided I didn't want the stripes XD his original design would have had an even lighter pelt with that shade of banding on his legs up to the elbows and ankles, and down his tail. if that's more realistic I'm happy to change it.

I don't really care for the father, as long as it makes some kind of sense, but the mom needs to be medium or long furred and I like the name heronflight, if it's not taken. have you seen those longfurred black cats whose longer fur is sooty grey, so it looks like they're wearing a fur coat over their fur coat? lol, I could see that working. or of course a silver mackerel tabby.

that would be great to integrate them, and I think we can go with that for the mentors, unless sou has peeps that would work and wishes to snipe--totally up to her.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 pm

holy cow, so since eagle and sand are only two years old, they'd pretty much almost have to actually be great-grandchildren! Confused

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:53 pm

So something more like this, but like this pattern-wise? That would be a sandy or apricot (I'm not quite sure what the difference is between the shades, but they're both shades of red) primal-ticked tabby. Either option is perfectly fine - a ticked tabby without the residual primal stripes isn't really something you'd find in the wild naturally, since you really only see it in purebreds, but we already have a few other cats with that pattern, so Sou and I decided that we would ignore the illogicality of it in the interest of creating more interesting coats xD in reality, most of the feral cat colonies you find are going to be made up primarily of black-and-white cats and tabbies, and that wouldn't be interesting at all, would it? lol

Nope, Heronflight isn't taken, so that would be fine. I believe the coat you're referring to is a black smoke - like this?

Okie dokes, sounds good~ We'll wait for Sou to see if she'd like to get in on it, then. ouo She could always play one or both of their parents, too, if she wanted. Either way is totally fine with me. xD

Well, if they're the children of Foxpelt's grandchildren, they would be his great-grandchildren. xD Redpath (Foxpelt's grandson) would've been around 3 1/2 - 3 3/4 years old, so that would be fine if their father was one of his littermates~ I just figured Fox and his mate, and possibly their daughter who had Redpath, both had their kits when they were a bit older - probably around 3-4 years old, so I think that works out alright.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 pm

I lol'd at the black smoke--it's that exactly! and yes, that's what sand would look like, so I should fix his description.

also, I had the thought, heronflight should be the related to foxpelt one, and the tom she mated with shouldn't be red, so then when she had sandpelt everyone kind of went "<_< well, we all know who he's related to..."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm

It's a big poofball xD Okie dokie~

Ah, that would be amusing. XD I just figured their father would be the related one, since that would make the most sense genetically, but not all my cats are genetically accurate, either, so I think that should be fine~

Alas, it's time for me to start getting ready for bed. :C I did sneak in another post at WotS (Oh, by the way, I just thought I'd mention that Aina's one of the wolves who first found Mikira and brought her to the pack - not sure if you've read up to that point yet. Also, I was double-checking last night on what age the Kalakamai pups would be, and they'd be around 3 weeks at this point, so their eyes and ears would actually be open by now, and they'd be crawling around quite a bit more, so it should be fun trying to keep them on their parents' backs... xD ), and I did see your MC post, but I haven't gotten around to replying yet, mostly because I can't RP Shadow yet because he's currently occupied with getting ready to murder someone xD That should be over fairly quickly once I can get it going, though it kind of requires Sou to post again to get it started, but we can always do something with Sand and Hawkpaw in the meantime. I'll work on a post tomorrow. :3 Nighty-night, Ladybug!
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:54 pm

that's fine, I need to head out too--my head's hurting. too much screen time today :/

yeah, I know Aina was one of the group that brought Mikira back, and I figured that's why she knew her name. but I also figured she hadn't exactly had everyone going around introducing themselves, and I'm pretty sure aina never introduced herself, or never got the chance. and yeah, I wasn't sure exactly how long it had been, I figured it was around two weeks so they'd be right at the cusp of opening their eyes and ears. just so they're still slightly easier to transport without injuries. XD

also, kalakamai. I like this ship name. it just rolls of the tongue like a pile of logs. XD

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:44 am

Aww. ;-; -pats- My eyes have been bothering me a lot lately - they've been super dry, and with it being summer and us having to have the fans on, they dry out even more, and then they start to ache, and it kinda radiates through my temples. x_x Been putting drops in them, but still.

Yeah, and even if Aina had introduced herself, I can imagine Mikira'd be overwhelmed by the number of wolves in the pack and probably wouldn't remember anyway. xD

Yes, yes, it be one of my favorites, too. XD
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm back! had a blast and bought a kilt and a ring~

give me a few moments and I'll get to replying

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koilada on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:52 pm

I'm too lazy to read back over every post, so what's happening here? XD

Also I'm on discord more often than here, sorry for being spotty (lmao), I've just found instant messaging easier than forum messaging these days - I just get an alert at the bottom of my screen so I don't forget to check the webpage/reply XD

Koilada
A MAJESTIC FISH
A MAJESTIC FISH

Prey : 130

View user profile http://koilada.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:44 am

Spotty... hehe~

Anyways, here's a huge list of possible abilities lol. The first ones are from Perso, but they would apply fine to WotS, too.

-----

✿ Fire ✿

Flame Resistance - All fire cats possess this natural trait. They cannot be burned or otherwise harmed by fire unless it is of tremendous strength, as in a wildfire or molten lava.

Flame Reading - Some fire cats possess this ability, primarily cats close to StarClan, such as medicine cats. When looking at fire or flames, cats with this ability will sometimes see visions or omens. These are not always accurate, however.

Fire Cloak - With this skill, a cat can cover any portion of their body with fire. Their paws, fangs, tail, etc. This fire can be put out, however.

Living Flame - With this skill, a cat does not simply coat themselves in fire, they become it. Considered the most powerful skill among fire cats, but also the most dangerous—if the fire is put out before the user can return to their normal state, the user will die.

Fire Spitting - With this skill, a cat can spit fire. At its weakest, cats can only spit a few small sparks. At its strongest, cats can spit a steady stream of flame.

Fire Eyes - With this skill, a cat can emit a brilliant light, useful for blinding foes. The intensity of the light is so great, it can cause burns, and in extreme cases, blindness. Most often, it is the eyes that emit the light, but there have been cases where a cat's entire body can shine. The power is named for the first cat known to possess it, Fire-eyes.

Flame Manipulation - With this skill, a cat cannot create fire, but they can control a preexisting fire. They can increase or reduce its intensity, shape it, etc. The level of control varies from cat to cat, but wildfires and volcanic eruptions are generally beyond the control of any cat.

Spontaneous Combustion - With this skill, a cat can raise the temperature of any inanimate object until it melts or bursts into flame.

Radiation - With this skill, a cat can raise their own body temperature and radiate heat. Overuse can cause damage to the user.

✿ Air ✿

Prediction - All air cats possess this natural trait. They are extremely sensitive to changes in barometric pressure, allowing them to predict changes in the weather. They are not always 100% accurate, however.

Voice of the Wind - Some air cats possess this ability, primarily cats close to StarClan, such as medicine cats. When listening to the wind, cats with this power can sometimes make out voices or other sounds which can prove to be warnings or omens. However, these are not always accurate.

Wind Direction - With this skill, a cat can change the general direction of the wind. No cat is capable of doing this with extremely powerful winds.

Dampening - With this skill, a cat can create a sort of air 'pocket' which dampens any sounds that come from within the pocket. They cannot affect large areas, however.

Gust - With this skill, a cat can summon a sudden gust of wind. Some cats may use it to give themselves a little more height in a jump, or cushion a fall. The gust cannot be maintained for very long.

Twister - With this skill, a cat can summon a small twister. (Dust devil.) Though they can choose a general direction, once summoned the twister can no longer be controlled, though it can be dispersed.

Dematerialize - With this skill, a cat can become nothing but a breath of wind. They become invisible and light as air. In this state they cannot be touched, but they also lack the ability to be felt by anyone as anything more than a breeze. They can slip through the smallest of openings. However, they cannot pass through solid objects, only around. As no power can be maintained indefinitely, this one can prove deadly if a cat returns to their normal state at an inopportune moment.

Current Sensitivity - With this skill, a cat can tune in to the wind currents and become aware of any disruptions. In this way, a cat can pick up on any movement within a certain range. However, distinguishing exactly what is moving around is difficult, if not impossible, even for those experienced with this skill.

✿ Earth ✿

Natural Instinct - All earth cats possess an instinctive knowledge of plants, animals, and the living earth around them. They can, for example, intuit which plants are helpful healing herbs and which would be toxic if ingested, and they often see disruptions in nature that others may not notice.

Natural Patterns - Only some earth cats have this skill, mainly cats close to StarClan, such as medicine cats. Cats with this power will sometimes see signs or omens in the pattern of leaves on the ground or an arrangement of stones, even the gnarled bark of a tree. These omens are not always correct, however.

Tremors - With this skill, a cat can cause the ground to quake within a radius of up to ten tail-lengths. The power of the tremors vary.

Upheaval - With this skill, a cat can cause the earth to heave upward, forming a wall around themselves. Creating a wall more than two cats high is rare.

Growth - With this skill, a cat can restore dead or dying plants, or stimulate the growth of healthy ones. This skill can be very tiring to use.

Healing Touch - With this skill, a cat can emit their own life-energy to heal the wounds of others by simply touching them. Not all wounds can be healed, and depending on the injury, use of this power can be devastating to the user.

Summoning - With this skill, a cat can summon nearby creatures to come to their aid. True communication with the assisting creatures is not possible, but general intent can be understood. Not recommended for use on any creature which would normally pose a threat.

Vibrations - With this skill, a cat can feel vibrations through the ground, allowing them to sense approaching foot steps, and guess at the general weight of whatever is approaching.

Camouflage - With this skill, a cat can turn themselves into stone, allowing them to hide more easily. Though nearly impervious to injury in this form, if the stone is broken or crushed, the cat will die.

✿ Water ✿

Underwater Respiration - All water cats have the ability to breathe underwater. However, they cannot do so indefinitely; for most cats the limit is about an hour.

Wave Reading - Only some water cats have this skill; primarily cats close to StarClan, such as medicine cats. With this power, cats will sometimes read omens or prophecies in water. Puddles, streams, waves, rain, the ocean, tide pools, cascades, etc. However, these omens may not always prove accurate.

Displacement - With this skill, a cat can sense the displacement of an object within a body of water, and thus determine the size, position, and speed of the object. The cat must be near the body of water in question for this to work, and they cannot sense objects that are very far away.

Liquefy - With this skill, a cat can turn themselves into water. This can prevent injury, or provide a camouflage if the cat is hiding in a pool, stream, etc. However, this power can be difficult to maintain, and even dangerous if the water forming the cat evaporated.

Repellancy - With this skill, a cat can telekinetically repel water. The affected area depends on the cat.

Water Orbs - With this skill, a cat can form small orbs of water by drawing in moisture from their surroundings, and then fling them around using telekinesis.

Water Mastery - With this skill, a cat can control existing bodies of water using telekinesis. The amount of water that can be controlled varies with the user.

-----

Aaaand a few links to other lists. This one lists quite a few, with more info if you click on the ability name. Not all would apply well to our situation (for instance, the divine/evil ones), but most of them would do fine, I think. I imagine those in the Darkness, Light, Electricity/Lightning, and Weather would fit into our Air category, Ice would fit into Water, and Energy and Other would fit into Earth.
That page links to this page at the bottom, which is a far larger and more in-depth list, but it seems to be pretty intimidating, and it isn't listed into element categories, so it would likely take longer to sort through if you're looking for something Water-related in particular. xD Good reference for the future, though. I kinda want characters with Animated Shadow, Golem Creation, and Electric Mimicry now lol. Also, it would be hilarious if someone had the ability to create pyrotechnics, though I don't think that would realistically fit in, unfortunately... XD
Also, the fact that "Absolute Ugliness" is apparently a superpower amuses me greatly. x'D

EDIT: Testing max post length - stand by... Shifty

EDIT 2: Okay, so max length is actually quite a bit more than I thought it was... that's good XD

Also gonna put this here, because it's a good source of genetic info and I want to save the link. Boop
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4