Koi & Friends' RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

2 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness! Empty Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:22 am

this (finally) is the continuation of a long-standing RP centered around tentwo (named John) and Rose Tyler, and their family, in the alternate universe referred to as 'Pete's World'.

the characters are as follows:
Rose Tyler, played by gallifreyanhanyou
John Tyler, played by Spottedfire4194 (when she gets her fuzzy bum over here)
Maggie (Margaret Elaine) Tyler, age 3
David John Tyler, age 8 months, a twin
Matthew Quincy Tyler, age 8 months, a twin

other playable characters include:
Theta Sigma (the Doctor), fifth incarnation, Lord President of Gallifrey
Lucian, the Doctor's ginger older brother, Castellan of the Citadel Guard
Mikra, or the Lady, 2nd incarnation, daughter of koschei (the Master), played by gallifreyanhanyou
Peter Tyler
Jackie Tyler
Tony Tyler
Martha Jones
Donna Noble and family
Sarah Jane Smith
Luke Smith
Captain Jack Harkness
Jake Simmonds
Sally Nightengale and her husband
and any OC's you care to add

the main two settings are the Tyler household, who live in house ten on a private road outside london, and Torchwood, where rose and john work. once I get some descriptions together I'll be posting them. for now, feel free to claim characters and write up sheets for ocs and any new locations...
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 805

Back to top Go down

Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness! Empty Re: Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:26 am

post for location descriptions
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness! Empty Re: Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:27 am

post for character descriptions
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:27 am

the Proposal

a slightly older couple walking along a path nearby. the sun was going down and the sunset was spectacular, easily visible from where they stood. rose was awed by the perfection of the scene, the golden light, the laughing children, the neatly kept park...

John looked around at the stunningly beautiful scenery, his heart fluttering a bit. Really, it couldn't be a more perfect moment or location for what he was about to do... The few people that were also in the park caught his attention, too. That could be them one day--watching their children play, or walking side-by-side, even as they began to grow older... "...It's beautiful, isn't it?" he murmured, turning back to the setting sun once more, squeezing her hand slightly, his shoulder brushing hers. He was trying to figure out exactly what to say, how to go about this... The last thing he wanted was to slip and mess the whole thing up...

rose turned to look at john as he spoke. 'mmm,' she said, laying her head on his shoulder. 'yeah, it is...and it's got a playground, too. bet someday that'll be us...' she smiled at john and turned, letting go of his hand momentarily so she could reach up and kiss him, then stood in front of him, smiling at him, wishing she'd brought her phone or a camera- he looked gorgeous in the sunset light...

"Yeah..." John murmured, leaning against her for a moment until she reached up to kiss him, moving to stand in front of him. Now--this was it. He had to do it now! He glanced briefly at the sunset once more, growing a bit warm with the nerves, the pulse of his heart echoing in his ears. Then he turned back to her with a shy smile--though his voice when he spoke was confident. "I love you, Rose," he told her softly. "I'm sorry it took me so long to say it, but really, I do. You are more important to me than anything or anyone else--in this universe, or the next. You've done so, so much for me--you believed in me even when I'd lost hope in myself, loved me when no one else could... and I never want to be without your love again." He took a deep breath, taking her hand firmly in his own once more, and slowly went down on one knee, his heart pounding in his chest. He glanced down nervously for a moment, praying to whatever gods may have been watching that he was doing this right, and took the small box from his inside coat pocket. He flipped up the top with his thumb and held it out to her with a trembling hand, looking up to her again, the golden light of the sunset gleaming in his eyes, so full of hope. "Rose Tyler... will you marry me?"

rose wasn't sure where his newfound poeticness was coming from, and was about to make a comment about it when John dropped to one knee. WHAT. is this really happening?? she thought to herself, floored. she was so shocked that John was actually proposing to her that she stopped breathing and didn't notice she was getting light-headed. she couldn't speak, though she knew he didn't really have to ask. oxygen deprivation caught up with her, and her knees buckled with the shock of the moment, dropping her into John's arms. after a moment, she recovered, blushing redder than the setting sun, and managed to whisper, 'yes. of course!'

John was a bit startled when she suddenly dropped down to join him, his eyes widening. As far as he knew, this wasn't part of the ceremony... He managed to catch her, the box with the ring still in his hand, and stared at her for a moment, a bit concerned. But he could immediately tell how overjoyed she was, and burst into a broad smile as she accepted, his eyes shining with overwhelming happiness. After a moment, he remembered he still needed to do something, and glanced down at her left hand, gingerly removing the ring from the box. Holding his breath, his own hands shaking nervously, he took the ring and carefully slipped it onto her finger, staring down at it with pride.

rose smiled joyfully down at the ring on her finger. 'it's perfect, just like you,' she murmured, looking at how the diamond caught the orange-red light flawlessly. she managed to straighten up and pulled john off his knee and back upright so she could give him another kiss. she faintly heard clapping and looked round after a moment to see the older couple, who were facing them and applauding with radiant smiles, and, for the woman, tears too. she smiled at them and took john's hand again, turning. 'come on, let's go home and have some banana splits, she said with a giggle.

John's smile broadened even further, touched by her words, his heart skipping a beat with the sheer happiness they brought to him. He stood back up, wrapping his arms around her shoulders as she kissed him again, his eyes drifting closed. Lost in the moment, he hardly noticed the clapping until Rose turned to look. He glanced over, as well, a bit surprised--both by the fact that they were there and that they were applauding. After a moment, though, he smiled back, as well, cheeks flushing a bit, before turning back to Rose again. "That's a brilliant idea..." he managed to whisper back, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as they began to walk off toward home once again.

The Earth Wedding

in less than ten minutes, the lot reached the church, and hurried john inside, as pete, looking down the street, could see jackie's car, which meant rose was seconds away. 'come on, then, step lively, john!' pete said briskly, one hand in the middle of john's back, pushing him along up to the altar, then finding his seat in the front row.

rose was forced to wait outside as the rest of the guests entered, clutching the bouquet of lillies and roses her mother had gotten her as though they could anchor her to the moment and make her forget her irrational fears...

John glanced around at Pete's brisk tone, looking a bit confused, before he was pushed forward. He stumbled slightly at first before finally taking the hint and moving on his own, forcing his legs to move, his heart pounding as they approached the altar. What if he messed up? What if he made a complete fool of himself? What if he forgot what he was supposed to do, or say?? Rose would be so humiliated... His jaw clenched at the thought. For something so 'domestic', this entire deal certainly was nerve-wracking... He kept his feet firmly on the ground, resisting the nearly overpowering urge to pace, his posture rigid.

"Hey, relax. You'll do fine," Jake whispered next to him, placing a hand momentarily on his shoulder. John glanced briefly at him and nodded stiffly, trying to relax a bit, watching nervously as the guests began to file in.

finally, when everyone was seated, the organist began to play a light introductory tune, and pete hurriedly left as a little flower girl- one of becky's friend's children- came skipping happily in, spreading silky white rose petals on the floor along the aisle. as she proceeded on her route, tony, looking a bit disgruntled at being pressed into service, followed her in, carrying a pillow on which the two wedding bands were tied with strings. once both the tots had made it up the aisle to stand off to one side, the music changed, becoming an instantly recognisable march...

out in the corridor, rose was almost in tears with stage fright. her father and friends were trying to calm her down when the music changed, and rose finally found her resolve. she straightened up and grabbed her father's arm like a vice, making him wince. all the guests rose as she walked into the chapel, and she beamed as at last she saw john, standing there, waiting for her. pete had to hold her back from running down the aisle to him...

John watched the proceedings distractedly, forcing himself not to look completely petrified as he glanced out at all the familiar faces. Jackie was there, of course, as well as Donna and her family, and Lucian and Theta, and Sarah Jane and Luke, as well as a few others. All his closest friends, all the people he cared about most of all in this universe... And they would all have their eyes on him.

As the music changed, his anxiety decided to step it up another notch. His heart felt like it was about to pound out of his chest, and his hands, clasped together in front of him, his arms hanging loosely, were trembling. As all the guests rose, he looked to the entrance, trying to catch a glimpse of Rose. As soon as he saw her, his breath caught in his throat, a glimmer of awe entering his eyes. She looked so beautiful... He wasn't sure he'd ever seen anything so perfect. He gave her a nervous but excited smile back, squaring his shoulders just a little more and standing up just a bit straighter, having to hold himself back from rushing to her, wishing they would walk just a little faster...

rose beamed a little wider when she saw john smiling at her, and thankfully the aisle wasn't too long. soon (though not soon enough for her liking), pete and she reached the altar, and pete placed rose's hand in john's. everyone sat down as the ceremony started.

'dearly beloved, we are gathered here...blah blah blah,' was all rose heard of the proceedings. she couldn't take her eyes off john. he was so handsome, in his vest and coat-tails...he matched her perfectly, somehow.

she finally noticed what was going on around her again when the minister turned to john for the vows, gently taking the pillow from tony and untying rose's ring from it, handing it to john. by this point, she had tears of joy leaking from the corners of her eyes, and she thought it was a very lucky thing she'd thought to put on waterproof makeup...

After what seemed like years in his mind, Rose and Pete finally reached John at the altar. He gently took Rose's hand in his own, staring down at her with gleaming brown eyes. And at that moment he was sure that his life could never be more perfect. He'd never felt so complete, so sure that he belonged.

When the minister turned to him, he finally managed to tear his gaze from Rose. He took the ring carefully, his hand surprisingly steady, and waited for the vows, most of his nervousness having evaporated, leaving only joyful anticipation.

the minister started asking the traditional lines of the vows. 'Do you, John, take Rose to be your wife...' it continued in the normal manner, aside from the last line, which had been changed from "till death do us part" to "as long as we both shall live". he then waited for john's affirmation before handing him the ring and turning to rose to ask her the same.

rose was crying freely at this point, thinking that it was too perfect a moment to be real. it had to be a dream- but if it was, she didn't want woken up. ever. she wasn't sure she was going to be able to speak when the minister finished asking her the vow, but her voice rang out clearly. 'I do.' he handed her John's ring and motioned for the two to turn to each other.

John's affirmation, too, rang out loud and clear. He turned to Rose with a tender smile, wishing he could reach forward and wipe her tears away. He took a deep breath, preparing himself, before beginning his specially written vows, his eyes glowing. "From the moment we first met, Rose Tyler, I knew you were special. Though I tried to resist at first, you put me at ease, pulled me from the darkness I was surrounded by. And throughout the months that followed, you continued to remind me that not everything in my life was a loss. You've been by my side through so much, saved my life so many times, and I know you'll continue to walk beside me forevermore. I may have just one heart, Rose, but every bit of it belongs to you. I was born for you." He smiled a bit wider, a knowing glimmer in his eyes, and held up the ring, the crystals embedded in the gold shining in the light. "This ring stands as a symbol of my love for you, and for all the hopes and dreams we now hold together. With this ring, I thee wed." He reached forward, carefully slipping the ring onto her finger.

rose blinked, reaching to wipe her eyes with her right hand as john put the ring on her left. she clutched john's wedding band tightly in her hand, swallowing, and decided to eschew the traditional words for something from the heart.

'when I was nineteen, I thought I had it all. nice mum at home, good job, steady boyfriend. but then you showed up, out of the blue, took me by the hand, and off we went.' she paused, swallowing thickly, before continuing. 'you took me to see things I couldn't believe or understand, and I realised I couldn't let you go. out of all the chaos, you were the only constant. you'd always come back for me. and I want you and everyone to know that we will always be together, no matter what. this ring stands as a symbol of the bond we share forever. with it, I wed thee.' with a trembling hand and vision blurred with a few fresh tears, she put the ring on john's hand.

'by the power vested in me by the church and the state, I now pronounce you Man and Wife. you may kiss the bride.' the minister said with a smile.

rose's face split into a radiant grin and she bounced a little before throwing her arms around john's neck to kiss him. claire caught her bouquet as it went flying, unheeded. everyone applauded

As Rose spoke, John felt the emotion beginning to overwhelm him, and he had to swallow back the tears as he watched her slip the ring onto his finger. He looked momentarily at the minister, listening to his final words, before turning back to Rose with a wide smile, wrapping her in his arms and cradling her head with one hand as he poured all his love for her into that perfect kiss. He could hardly believe that this moment had finally come, that, after so long, he finally, well and truly, belonged to her, and she to him. And nothing could ever take that away again.

After several moments, he finally forced himself to pull back just far enough so that he could stare into her eyes once more. One arm still around her shoulders, he reached up with the other, resting his hand against the side of her face. "You look beautiful," he whispered, tears in his eyes. "I love you, Rose. And I promise, I'm never going to stop telling you."

Last edited by GallifreyanHanyou on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:32 am

(Coolio!  So, should we discuss the next plot and stuff over on the PM thread we've got going at WCRF?  I've got a couple ideas.  :p  I assume we're not going to continue directly where we left off, since we'd just about wrapped the last plot up, anyway?)
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 1057

http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:18 pm

(sounds good!)
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:09 pm

(Woooo first official post!!)

The morning after the memory-saving mind meld and the confrontation by Rose's friends, John headed into work.  He wasn't particularly looking forward to this day - he knew he would have to confront Melissa about the lies she'd spread to her fellow UNIT employees about their "situation".  He expected he was going to have to fire her - he'd given her several chances already, and he doubted she would clean up her act even if he gave her another.
        He reached the building and headed up to his usual lab - there were a few things he had to do before talking to Melissa.
        At a quarter to eleven, however, Jake dusted off his hands.  "Welp, I'm headin' out for an early lunch date," he announced with a twinkle in his eyes.  "See ya later, boss."
        "Whoa, whoa, hold on," John said in surprise, looking over to him.  "You're not getting away that easily!  Who's this date of yours, then?"  He grinned mischievously.
        Jake hesitated briefly, giving him a vaguely uncomfortable smirk.  "Well... As it happens, it's your friend... Donna."
        John's eyes widened a bit.  "Donna?  I didn't know you were still in touch with her," he said.  He knew the two had hit it off at his and Rose's wedding, and had seen each other a handful of times after that, but hadn't heard anything about it for a while.  He blinked, giving a quiet hum.  Then he grinned again, a teasing glimmer in his eyes.  "Is this a serious thing, then?  You think it's going anywhere?"
        Jake shrugged.  "Maybe - we're not sure yet.  We're just goin' to get to know each other better first off - we've never really met as anything more than casual friends."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:28 pm

(ugh, I hate hormones...one minute I'm fine and the next I'm passing out. I'll be on saturday morning/afternoon if you don't see me before work friday)

jack wandered into the lab just as jake finished his last statement and perked up with interest. 'oho! got yourself a special someone at last, eh, jakey-boy?' he teased, giving his trademark grin. 'oh, I've got that report you asked for on that piece of tech we scavenged a few weeks ago. nothing intended to be dangerous.' he held out the clipboard that had been tucked under his left arm and proffered it to john to look at.
meanwhile, melissa was in a lab down the hall from the main one, studying one of the browner and larger tribbles. they were the only thing that could keep her calm, since their purring was so soothing. she'd wanted the one that was obsessed with eating shoelaces, but it was under quarantine- or rather, "in time-out"- for its latest escapade.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm

(Ah, s'alright, I understand.  See you Saturday, then, if not tomorrow!)

Jake turned a bit pink at that, looking over as Jack entered the room.  "Well, I wouldn't go that far - at least, not yet," he said, shifting his feet uncertainly.
        John grinned at Jack.  "I think he's in denial~" he joked with a giggle.
        "It's just lunch - really," Jake tried to persuade them, his cheeks still slightly flushed.  He shook his head lightly, not expecting they would believe his words, and made his way toward the door.  "See you fellas later."
        "Bye!  Good luck!" John called after him with a wave, then turned to take the clipboard that Jack had offered.  He took a look at it, his eyes flicking from side to side as he quickly read the report, before looking up with a satisfied nod.  "Good to know."  He was quiet for a second or two before giving a sigh, his shoulders slumping.  "Well... I suppose I should go and have that talk with Melissa..."  He grumbled, dreading the confrontation.  Acting as boss of a company and having to work with others like this really wasn't in his comfort zone.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:08 am

here's hoping the wi-fi on the train up will be strong enough...)

'yeah, I don't envy you right about now,' jack commented on john's plight. he wouldn't mind being with melissa-nor anyone else, of course, for that matter- but the woman was shockingly single-minded and had fixated herself on one of a very few married men in the department. she was tenacious, too, and having watched from outside the mess she'd created, even jack had to admit that john was very little at fault, if at all. 'good luck, john, I wish you didn't need it.'

melissa noted down the last bits of information she needed on the large brown tribble and reached down to stroke its fuzzy body a few times, making it purr even louder in pleasure. she scooped it up and observed it in her palm, then frowned and picked it up, finding it chewing a hole in her exam glove.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:31 am

"Thanks, Jack," John murmured appreciatively, shooting the other man a grateful look.  He handed him back the clipboard and headed out down the hall to where he assumed Melissa was.  He peered in through the door, spotting her, before moving inside, trying to quell the feeling of dread rising up.  "Melissa..." he began quietly.  "I need to talk to you..."

-----

Jake drove downtown, heading for the little Chinese restaurant he and Donna had chosen to meet at.  After a minute or two of searching, he located a parking spot and pulled in, walking into the shop and getting a table, sitting down to wait for his date.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:46 am

melissa looked round quickly, tribble still upraised in one hand, before quickly turning away and returning it to the exam enclosure. 'yes, sir? what about?' she asked, back still turned as she tried to school her features...

donna was a little upset that she was a few minutes late for her lunch date, but it was her own fault. she'd spent far too much time in the bathroom before hand smartening up for jake. she wasn't willing to admit to herself yet that she really did like the boy, but she didn't want to give him any reason to see just how not special she really was.
spotting him at a table in the restaurant they'd picked, she made her way over, casually flipping her ginger hair over her shoulder. 'oh, I hope you haven't been waiting long- work wouldn't let me go,' she gave a white lie.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:55 am

"It's about what you said to your comrades the other day," John answered, a bit of a tired tone entering his speech, as well as the barest hint of a growl.  "Not only did you lie to them, upset them, but you lied to them about me.  That was an extremely unprofessional thing to do."  He furrowed his brow slightly at her, his eyes serious.

-----

Jake looked up at the sound of the door opening, smiling as he saw it was Donna. "Ah, it's no problem," he told her, hands folded in front of him, resting on the table.  "Work has a way of doing that."  He paused.  "Your job going well?  How's everything been?"

WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:01 am

'well, I apologise, sir. clearly I let my female hormones and human emotions get the better of me.' the words might have seemed sincere, were it not for the biting, not-quite-but-nearly sarcastic tone she used. she still refused to look at him, but finally turned around, her eyes like flint. despite all her problems being of her own making, she thoroughly blamed others, john most of all. 'you should be grateful you don't have to deal with such things.'

donna took a seat at the table opposite jake, giving a smile in return. 'yeah, work's going good, same as ever, really. strange not being a temp now, you know, but it's still office work all the same. gramps asked about you the other day, dunno why.' she shifted a little in her seat, leaning forward just a bit.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:31 am

John narrowed his eyes at her, his gaze cold. He didn't believe her 'apology' for a second. "Oh? And I suppose you would use the same justification now, eh?" he rumbled in an icily quiet voice. "Have you tried that excuse on your other employers? Because I doubt the uppers at UNIT would buy it. Everyone has emotions, Melissa, including - and this may surprise you - me. That's not a reason to act as you did. You've created a right mess for me to clean up, you know that?"

-----

Jake nodded. "Well that's good," he said, smiling a bit as Donna mentioned her grandfather. He was a lovely old man, and had been kind to Jake on the few occasions that they'd met. "Ah, how is your granddad doing? Does he still have that neat old telescope?"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:18 pm

'a mess for you to clean up? what about me?' the woman demanded, voice rising in both pitch and volume. 'the distress and turmoil you've caused by not being straightforward at the start, as you should have been?' that was another thing she wouldn't admit fault to- not noticing, and then ignoring, the rings.

'oh, yeah,' donna nodded with a laugh. 'you couldn't pry the thing away from him. he's always going on about aliens doing all the things you see as meteor hits or gas leaks or whatnot. I tell him it's a load of crock, mum does too, but I'm sure you'd agree with him.' the server came round and donna got a water, taking a sip.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:25 pm

"I didn't know," John responded, his own voice rising slightly. "If I had, believe me, I would've said something straight off. Why would I have ever wanted to allow you continue to believe that I was available? What would I have gained from that?" He was desperate to convince her that he'd had no ulterior motive - he pushed away the slight twinge of guilt her words brought to him. She'd been the one to ignore his ring!

"Yeeeaaah, some of that stuff is actually aliens," Jake said with a laugh. "Not all of it, a' course, but some of it." He took a sip of his own water before continuing. "Just a few weeks ago we managed to scavenge some alien tech from a crash site."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:42 pm

'I'm sure you could have gained quite a lot. you'd hardly be the first man to have done that exact thing to an unsuspecting woman.' actually, part of what had attracted melissa was john's evident loyalty to those he cared for- he was exactly opposite to the type of man she was trying to say he was. but that didn't stop her from slinging insults.

'ooh, really? what was it?' donna asked with interest. she wondered absently if it were something she'd seen before, in that other universe where she'd gotten to travel with john's full-blood doppleganger.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:57 pm

John's eyes burned angrily at her suggestion.  "I am a happily married man - I would never, ever, cheat on Rose," he seethed through gritted teeth.  "She means the world to me, and I would never do anything to hurt her or betray her trust in me."  He paused.  "Besides, if that had been my goal all along, then why did I tell you when I did?"

"It was a computer system of some sort," Jake told her.  "We haven't been able to identify the ship yet, though, so we're not sure who it belonged to.  We also found some sort of string instrument a while back.  You blow on the strings instead of pluck them, according to the Doc.  It sounds oddly like a flute when played."  He chuckled.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:25 pm

(getting off the train home soon, may stay up for a bit longer to do laundry once I get home))

'I don't know!' melissa yelled, throwing her arms to either side. the tribble behind her let out a sound of distress, trying to escape the glass tray it was in. 'what are you even here for? I've got work to do!'

'an instrument you blow on?' donna mused, scratching her chin. 'sounds like something an ood might play with those tentacle-thingies on their face. I heard them singing in a dream once. it was gorgeous.' the server returned for their food order. 'oh, you go first, I'm still deciding.'
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:34 pm

(Alright ^^)

"No, you don't, actually," John said softly, his eyes, once again, ice-cold. "Because I'm firing you."

Jake laughed, nodding. "Yeah, the Doc's told me about those. Said their singing is magnificent. I've never seen one myself, unfortunately." He looked up as the waiter returned, glancing to Donna expectantly, before nodding as she told him to go first. He looked down at his menu. "Mm, I think I'll have the number six - the orange chicken with a side of white rice."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:51 pm

there was a moment of absolute silence-even the tribble didn't move. 'wh-what?' melissa stammered, barely above a whisper, mouth hanging slightly open in complete shock. 'but- you can't do that!'

'oooh, that sounds delightful, I'll get that too, but with fried rice instead, I think,' donna beamed, handing over her menu to the waiter, who wrote down the two orders and headed to the kitchen. donna took another sip of her water, casting about for a new topic. there was a lot she wanted to know but had no idea how to politely bring up. she was aware of the fact she had about as much tact as a rampaging rhinocerous and didn't want that getting her in trouble now!
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:33 am

"Oh, but I think I can," John growled back, eyes flashing. "Your behavior has been more than enough to warrant your dismissal, and I think just about anyone would agree with me - including your superiors at UNIT." John really didn't want to get anyone at UNIT involved, but if she didn't go quietly, he would.

There was a several-second-long period of somewhat awkward silence before Jake cleared his throat, staring down at his hands for a moment before looking back up at Donna. "So..." he began. "I've, uh, never really learnt much about what makes you, you... Anything interestin' I should know? You used to travel with the Doc in an alternate universe, right? How much do you remember of that?"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:53 am

'but-...but y-you can't! please! my expertise will make it impossible for me to find a new job and I don't have the savings to spare!' she wailed, true fear in her eyes now.

'well, yeah,' donna commented, looking at her own hands, then his, then his face in succession. 'I'm nothing special. used to do temp work, but I finally got a full time position back the start of this year. as for other me, yeah, she wasn't any different up until she met that skinny boy. it was her wedding day but it turned out to be a good thing that everything went wrong...'
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:04 pm

(I'm a bit unsure as to what to do here.  Did we want to take this plotline further and have her like, report them as unfit parents, or?  Depending on where we decide to go, his response could be a bit different.  Either he could report her to UNIT or let her go quietly.  What do you think?)

Jake eyed her questioningly at her 'nothing special' comment - he'd heard her say that before, and it puzzled him a bit - but he didn't say anything about it, just smiled slightly, shifting in his seat and feeling vaguely awkward.  "Ah, yes, Doc told me a bit about that," he said, nodding.  "Wasn't there some business with a giant spider?  What was it called?  ...Started with an 'R'..."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next