Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 am

"all right then, boys--do you wanna go to the park?" she asked, holding David up once he was dried, still wrapped in the towel since they had to go get clothes in the nursery. she grabbed a fresh diaper off a shelf and put him in it, ignoring his squirming. she could swear she'd changed a million of these by now, between maggie before she was potty-trained and the twins now.

matthew perked up at the new word, trying to repeat it. "pah? pah?"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 388

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:37 am

John smirked at Matthew's attempts to repeat the word, lifting him from the sink once he was rinsed off and moving to wrap him in another towel, grinning amusedly at his hair as he ruffled it with the towel, causing it to stick up. "I'd say that's a 'yes'," he said to Rose, plucking another diaper from the shelf once Matthew was dry and putting it on him.

David looked confused at the unfamiliar word, and glanced with wide eyes between his father and mother. 'What's a "park"?' he asked in a curious "AaaaAAH?", fixing his gaze on his father.

"It's... well, it's a place people go to relax," John answered, glancing behind him at David before turning back to Matthew, finishing putting on the diaper and then lifting him up, prepared to head to the nursery for some clothes. "There's usually a lot of grass and a few trees, and a place for children to play."
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 581

View user profile http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:46 am

'a place to play?' matthew repeated with delight, squirming and flailing his arms eagerly. Rose carried David and followed them to the nursery to get the two boys dressed, peeking in on maggie again as they passed the living room. she was still snuggling the sea otter stuffed animal she had found in the bottom of her toy box earlier.

"Yes, that's right," Rose agreed. "nice and sunny hopefully, it was earlier. but you still get to wear jackets, I don't want you getting cold."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 am

'Yeah! Play!' David squealed happily, flailing as well. John grilled at their obvious delight, entering the nursery and, holding Matthew to his shoulder with one arm, opened the dresser drawer and grabbed an outfit for him, as well as a jacket, leaving the drawer open for Rose. After that, he set him down on the changing table and got to work putting on the clothes, leaving enough space for Rose to scoot in with David. "I guess we'll have to bring a quilt and some toys for them, too, find a nice shady spot somewhere close to the playground," he mused as he dressed Matthew. "That sounds rather nice, actually."
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 am

"mm, it does, doesn't it?" Rose hummed softly, grabbing an outfit for David and plopping him next to his brother to get him dressed. "one of us's going to hafta watch them while the other watches maggie," she noted. "y'know she won't want to stay on the quilt when there's a playground nearby."

there were soft little footsteps in the hall as they got finished dressing the boys and maggie wandered in with her otter. "mama, look!" she grinned and held up the toy

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:58 am

John gave a single, soft laugh at that, nodding. "Oh yes, I'm sure she'll bolt for the playground as soon as she sees it," he agreed. He looked to the door at the sound of small footsteps coming down the hallway, grinning when he saw the stuffed otter in Maggie's arms. "Ah, you found Otto!" he congratulated her - she'd been looking for him at least a few weeks ago, he recalled. Turning back to Matthew, he finished up dressing him, put his jacket on him, and lifted him off the table. "Alright, all set, I think - just need to grab a quilt out of the cupboard..."

(-Shrugs- Was the first name I thought of. xD)
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 am

(I would definitely name an otter otto or otis XD)

"kwiwt? for what?" maggie asked, hugging otto close as she followed her father toward the cupboard. Rose nodded. "I'll get the pram for the boys; we're going to the park closer to mum's, right?"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 am

(Okay, so I'm not alone then. XD Thought about Olivia, too, but I went for the more "obvious" approach xD)

"We're going to the park," John told Maggie with a smile, opening the hall cupboard door and managing to pull down a good-sized quilt with one arm without dislodging the entire stack of blankets on the shelf. "We need a quilt to lay the twins on." He nodded to Rose as she passed him, giving a hum. "I figured so. Probably best to avoid the pocket universe this time," he replied with amusement.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 am

"yeah, best not," she agreed over her shoulder. maggie started to bounce excitedly. "really! the park, the park! will the girl be there again?" she asked her father hopefully.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 am

John shook his head at her question. "Not this time, I'm afraid," he told her, assuming she was referring to future Maggie's daughter, Helena. "We're going to go to a different park today. But hopefully there will be some other children for you to play with there - it's not too late yet." Having closed the cupboard door, he headed out into the living room, Matthew on one shoulder and the quilt over the other. He stopped in front of the front door, momentarily setting the quilt down on the floor and then sitting Matthew on top of it - he hoped the tot wouldn't decide to wander off - in order to put his coat and shoes on and help Maggie put on hers. All the while, he kept one eye on Matthew, just in case he did make an escape.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 am

the boy was content to stay sitting on the blanket, picking up a teething toy and nomming on it a little, even though he wasn't currently teething. Rose came by and set David down too, heading out to load the pram in the car and make sure the car seats were all set. the journey was a short one but much too far to walk. "ready?" she asked, scooping her son up and carrying him out to buckle him in as maggie went skipping after her eagerly, making up songs about the park

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:31 am

By the time Rose returned, John had finished up helping Maggie with her shoes, and turned to pick up Matthew and the quilt again before standing back up. "Yup, ready," he announced, grinning amusedly at David's excited cooing as his mother carried him to the car. He closed and locked the door behind them before joining Rose at the vehicle, strapping Matthew into his car seat and then helping Maggie into hers before hopping in the car himself, starting up the engine and heading down the drive and then onto the road, off toward the park. "We really should do this more often," he remarked, noting the excited noises and flailing limbs in the backseat that he could see from the rear-view mirror.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:09 am

"yeah," Rose agreed, "or just get out of the house in general. maggie's getting old enough that I'm going to need to start setting up playdates so she knows how to behave once she starts school in a couple years." matthew let out a loud excited yell that made his mother jump and laugh at him. "almost there, sweeties."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 am

"Mm," John agreed in a somewhat regretful tone. "I wish we knew more people with kids... That would make things a lot easier." He frowned. "I suppose if we start getting out with them more, maybe we'll meet others... That's now you make friends, right...?" He was only half-joking with his last sentence. Even after three-and-a-half years, the social intricacies of "normal human life" were still a bit puzzling to him at times.

Matthew's loud yell, joined a moment later by a nearly-identical cry from David, snapped him from his thoughts with a slight jolt, and after a moment, he, too, laughed. "It's just around the block," he added to what Rose had told them, a few seconds later rounding the corner and, about 20 seconds after that, turning into the parking lot adjacent to the park. He found an empty space - there were only a few cars in the lot - and pulled in, shifting the car into 'park' and turning off the engine. "We're here!" he announced enthusiastically, sounding rather like a child himself.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:40 am

"YAAAY!" maggie yelled, trying to unbuckle herself before rose could even get out of the car. she went around to start getting the kids out, assuming John would get the pram and other things they'd need for the outing out of the back of the car. "now now, little miss, you be patient! I don't want you just running off, okay?"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm

John winced slightly at the volume and shook his head lightly, amused, unbuckling himself and getting out of the car. Seeing Rose was heading to get the kids out, he moved to the rear of the car to get the pram, opening the hatch and grabbing the item in question, unfolding it and setting it on the ground. He then grabbed the quilt as well, and, draping it once more over his shoulder, closed the boot and wheeled the pram over to the passenger's side of the car for Rose. That finished, he moved back over to the driver's side, opening the back door and unbuckling Matthew from his car seat. The toddler in arm, he closed the door once again and headed back round to put him into the pram. "There we are," he said as he strapped him in, eyeing Maggie as Rose released her; he sincerely hoped she would heed the warning her mother had given her and not rush off as soon as she was free.

(Hooray for British terms! xD Is a pram the same thing as a push-chair? 'Cause I know I've heard them call them that - Donna says it in "The Doctor's Daughter". Could be a different thing, though.)
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:39 pm

"but mummy~" she whined. luckily, maggie hadn't seen the playground yet. Rose made her daughter hold the side of the pram as she made sure the boys were tucked in it and ready to go. she grabbed the diaper bag from the floorboard and slung it over her shoulder, then nodded to john and started walking ahead, looking for a good place to sit. it was decently warm, but a light jacket was called for for the small children, since they could get cold easily.

maggie let out a loud gasp as she spotted the playground, full of several other children and mums playing. "come on, daddy, let's go! let's go!"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm

(Might poof in a bit here - I'm eating dinner~)

John smirked slightly at her whine, closing up the car once they had everything - he'd left his coat inside, as he was fairly certain he wouldn't need it. He met Rose's eye and gave her a nod in return, falling into stride next to her and setting to searching for a good spot, as well. That is, until Maggie spotted the playground, and prompted him toward it. He turned to her and grinned. "Alright, come on, then!" he acquiesced cheerfully, quickly draping the blanket over the bars of the pram for Rose before surging forward toward the playground, keeping it to an easy jog so Maggie could keep up.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:06 pm

(sounds like the perfect time for me to take a shower, then, lol)

Rose shook her head cheerfully and turned to the boys with a smile as she started to push the pram. "they're both children, aren't they?" she asked, knowing they wouldn't answer.

she pretty quickly found a good spot more or less near the playground under a shady tree and laid out the quilt for the tots, putting a few toys down too before letting them out of the pram. "there you go, darlings..."

meanwhile, as maggie ran up to the first available little girl to ask to play, several seated moms on a nearby bench saw john come over with his daughter. one of them started fanning herself with her magazine. "I see that ring on his finger," commented one mom in a hushed tone to the others, "but boy do I wish it wasn't there..."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:25 pm

(Sounds good XD

Also LOL all the swoons XD)

The mum sitting next to the first turned to her as she spoke, leaning a little closer before looking back at John. "I know - it isn't all that often you see men at the playground..." she replied softly, her eyes not leaving him as she spoke.

John, oblivious to both Rose's words to the twins as he left and the conversation taking place between the mums seated nearby, happily followed Maggie onto the playground, certainly more than pleased to join in the children's play. Perhaps it was childish of him, perhaps not, but either way he did not care. Every so often he would cast a glance over toward Rose and the twins, keeping tabs on them, as well and making sure Rose had been able to find a good spot to sit nearby.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:42 am

(sorry for poofing last night, I bathed and started reading through the WotS posts for kalake and mikira and the others and then I went 'oh, I need to reply' and looked at my clock and it was 2:30 AM and I went...'yeah, I should probably just go to sleep' ^^" )

Rose was a bit occupied keeping the twins corralled on the quilt and only had time for quick glances up to John and Maggie. every time she did look up, he was someplace different! on the ground playing four-person patty-cake, slipping and following maggie down the toddler slide, helping her cross the monkey bars by holding her up by the waist, then crossing them himself because maggie insisted she didn't think he could. Rose wasn't the only one laughing at his antics, though: the other mums were as delighted to watch him as the children were to play. he seemed to have an influence somewhere between peter pan and the pied piper.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:56 am

(Oh my gosh x'D Well, I don't feel as bad, then - I got waylaid by anxiety whilst I was eating (eating is hard T_T'), so it took me forever and by the time I finished it was already 10:30 and I figured you'd probably gone, and I needed to start getting ready for bed myself. So I guess we coordinated it well. XD)

(Oh my gosh John x'D)

It could certainly be said that John was enjoying himself, even if he had accidentally slipped down the slide (which was really too small for him, even as skinny as he was) and had to brace himself against the sides before he reached the bottom to avoid crashing into Maggie. Crossing the monkey bars had been rather interesting, as well, given he was tall enough to touch the ground whilst hanging from them - he'd had to resort to tucking his legs up to keep his feet off the ground, which made it difficult to swing properly. Still, the look of surprise on Maggie's face had been worth it. He had noticed a bit of laughter emanating from the women sitting nearby, but hadn't paid them much attention - he was far too distracted playing.

Meanwhile, Matthew was taking a break in his efforts to crawl off the quilt, and was sitting up with a happy grin, babbling some 'words' to his brother that were mostly nonsensical, clapping his little hands in pleasure. Just then, he noticed a little bird - a robin - flit over from a nearby tree to perch on the branches above them, singing its cheerful song, and took pause, staring up at it with wide blue eyes, apparently transfixed.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:08 am

(lol toddler slides are short and super wide, it'd be a miracle if he got stuck on one with his head on one side and his feet on the other! XD)

Rose turned back from looking at John as he made it across the monkey bars to a cheer from the little children, to her own little sons, seeing matthew looking up into the tree, staring at something fascinating. david noticed his attention and looked up to spot the bird too, pointing at it with his whole hand and babbling in awe.

"is that a little birdie?" rose asked them, picking up matthew and putting him in her lap to look up better. she smiled as the robin sang his cheerful song again.

one of the mums checked her watch and hopped up, calling out two children's names. a boy and a girl tore themselves away from the pack following john with whines of disappointment. "c'mon, football and ballet practice, remember?"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 am

(Ah, all the kiddie slides I've seen are really tiny, though I'm not sure I've ever been to a park with slides particularly for toddlers - just he more normal-sized slides that usually twist and have tunnels. xD That being said, I haven't been to a park in eons, so it's possible I've just forgotten them.
...Ohhh, are you referring to the really wide metal ones? I do think I remember some of those now, actually, though I thought they had dividers down the middle to separate "lanes" XD)

Matthew gave an "Aaah!" of amazement in response to his mother's words, his eyes never leaving the bird. A moment later, a second robin flew over to join the first, perching on the branch next to its mate for a moment before flitting up to a higher branch. Matthew gave a drawn out "Ooooooooooh...", even more enraptured than before.

John was quite pleased at the little gang of children he'd managed to accrue, and was a bit disappointed as two of them were called away by their mother. As they left, he raised his hand in farewell with a "Bye!" and a smile, before, after a few moments, turning back to the remainder of the kids. "Alright, where to now?" he asked enthusiastically, glancing around at the playground equipment.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:34 am

"my God, he's like a kiddie show man," one of the remaining mums remarked as one of the children produced a ball and proposed a game of catch. all the children agreed and ran for the field beside the playground, a little away from rose and the boys.

Rose smiled at her sons' fascination with the birds. she'd forgotten that they'd never seen any before. "there are lots and lots of birdies in the outside," she told them cheerfully. "maybe we'll see more!"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next