Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Post by WolfTrek on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 am

"I know - he certainly is a natural with children," the other mum from before noted, a bit of a dreamy expression on her face.

John grinned at the ball that one of the children had produced, and nodded, jogging with the group of them to the field, making sure they kept in view of Rose and the other mums.

Matthew finally managed to tear his gaze from the birds at his mother's words, his eyes still wide. "Bahbah?!" he asked in a poor attempt at mimicking the new word. After a moment, he grinned, reaching to point at the two in the tree, glancing between them and Rose happily.

(And then a sparrowhawk comes and snatches everyone's hopes and dreams away... xD Okay, no, but the thought just happened to pop into my head and for some reason I felt the need to share it. xD)
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 581

View user profile http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:00 am

(what even is a sparrowhawk? it sounds small and very angry XD)

"I wish I could find a man like that," agreed a third mum with a nod. "or even a man at all--I hate going to work." she stared after them for a few moments and then idly asked, "d'you think he does babysitting?"

"yeah, that's it, bird-bird," Rose said with a giggle, grinning at her sons. David had become engrossed by something else entirely, and rose gasped, quickly grabbing her young son. "David John MacDonald Tyler you get that pine cone out of your mouth this instant!"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 388

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:35 am

(This is a sparrowhawk xD It’s a hawk in the genus Accipiter, most of the members of which are known for hunting primarily songbirds. There are multiple species in the genus, but I was referring to the Eurasian sparrowhawk~ My bird geek side is showing, I know xD)

(David no XD)

The second mum giggled. “Well, I would guess he’s probably too busy with his own family for that – isn’t that his wife over there?” She glanced back toward where Rose was sitting, apparently trying to wrangle a pinecone from one of her other children. “Looks like they’re a handful,” the mum commented amusedly.

Matthew gave a giggle in return at the sound of his mother’s laughter, looking back up into the tree to try and spot more of these bird-creatures. Where were their arms, anyway? However, he was distracted by his mother’s sudden exclamation, looking over to where David was being snatched away from his prize. Matthew giggled again. ’You got caught~’ he teased his brother, in his amusement forgetting about the birds.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:26 pm

'did not!' David said, making a pouty face as his mum threw the pine cone as far away as she could manage. he grabbed one of the toys and started chewing on it instead. maybe he was getting a tooth after all, but he didn't really feel like it.

maggie was jumping eagerly up and down, trying to catch the ball every time it came her way, but it kept either sailing right over her head or being caught by one of the bigger kids running in front of her. she quickly grew frustrated and sat down, starting to cry.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:43 am

Matthew laughed again, his mouth open wide in a grin as he flapped his hand toward his brother. 'Yes you did - I saw!' Seeing his brother grab a toy to chew on, he looked down and reached for another, examining the colorful object for a moment before bouncing it on the ground, making a sort of burbling noise.

John, who was managing to catch most of the balls that were thrown too high or too far for the kids to catch, immediately noticed as Maggie sat down and began crying, and, quickly tossing the ball in his hand back to one of the other children, moved over to his daughter and plopped down on the grass next to her. "Aww, Mags, what's the matter, sweetie?" he asked softly, reaching to pat her on the back comfortingly.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 am

"I-I-I no..." she managed to stammer out, quickly crying harder as he tried to comfort her. "want ball!" she wailed, hugging her father tight and accidentally yelling that in his ear. even rose winced, a few feet away. she sighed in relief as the boys quit trying to experience nature through their mouths and offered matthew a new toy to replace the one he'd thrown.

one of the mums came trotting over. "did she hurt herself? I'm a school nurse..."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:43 pm

John, though he cringed as she accidentally wailed in his ear, accepted Maggie into his arms and hugged her gently back, still patting her comfortingly.  It was then that one of the mums came over.  He looked up at her, expression inquiring for a moment, before giving her a grateful smile.  "Ah, no, she's fine - she's just upset that she's a bit too short to catch the ball," he explained mildly, before turning back to Maggie.  "Come on, sweetheart, let's try something else," he told her soothingly, standing up again with her in his arms, then putting her on his shoulders, holding onto her legs so she wouldn't fall.  "You should be able to reach the ball from up there - we can work together.  I'll chase after it, and you catch it.  Okay?"  He turned to give her a smile, though secretly he was hoping that the ball didn't wind up smacking him in the face instead of being caught by his daughter.  Oh well - it was worth a try, at least, and of course, he'd do anything he could to make her happy.

Matthew, meanwhile, had watched with intrigue as the toy accidentally bounced a bit too far away for him to reach.  He was momentarily distracted as he heard his sister's wail, but was quickly preoccupied once again by the new toy his mother offered him.  He took it with a happy sound, bouncing his arm up and down again but this time keeping a firm hold on the toy so it didn't escape from him like the last one had, the crafty thing.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 pm

the children were quickly happy to continue playing with the soft foam ball, throwing it back and forth to each other before a prospective young rugby player blurted "GO LONG!" and chucked the little foam ball as hard and far as he could, sort of in John's direction. "Run, daddy, run!" she yelled, sticking her arms up over her head to catch the streaking toy.

Rose and the women were all engrossed, watching with great amusement as the children played with the quite handsome young father. one of the women's phones went off and she jumped up. "oh, blimey, I've got to get going, it's going to be four soon!" she blurted, causing a mad flurry as the women all jumped up to try and corral their children so they could leave.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm

(*Snorks* lol)

John's eyes widened as one child yelled out, just before hurling the ball as far as he could.  Heeding Maggie's cry, he dashed after the ball, aiming to head it off before it hit the ground, making sure to keep a firm hold on Maggie's legs even as he ran.  As he moved to intercept its path, he slowed to a halt and turned toward it, backing up a few paces to line up better for the catch.  "Alright, get it, Maggie!" he yelled encouragingly, his eyes never leaving the soaring ball.  He was unaware of the sudden chaos caused by the realization that it was already almost four in the afternoon.

Matthew, however, was quite aware of the sudden flurry of activity nearby, and watched curiously as the women scrambled around trying to corral the children.  He gave a slight giggle at the scene, his toy still in hand.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:27 pm

"I got it, I got it!" she said excitedly, and the ball smacked her in the face, but she managed to hug it to her chest on the rebound. it was hardly a clean catch, but the tot didn't care. she had finally succeeded. all the mums, kids in tow, came over a few moments later. "it's so nice to meet a father who plays with his children," commented one of them to john. "what's your name?" "are you from around here?" "Will you babysit? I'll pay extra I swear!"

Rose scooped up both the boys and blew a raspberry on matthew's chubby cheek, trying to make him laugh more. her little son's sweet giggles just made her day sometimes.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:10 pm

"Good job!" John cried in praise, craning his neck around to beam proudly at his daughter.  He temporarily let go of one of her legs to reach up and ruffle her hair fondly, but a moment later he was distracted as he suddenly found himself surrounded by all the mums.  A look of confusion crossed his face at the first woman's words - what was so unusual about that? - but the confusion quickly transformed into a raised-brow expression of surprise and slight bewilderment at the following flurry of questions.  "Oh, um, well..." he began with a slight stutter, reaching up with one hand to rub behind his ear awkwardly.  "My name's John Tyler... we live less than ten minutes from here... and... well... I'm... not really in the position to babysit - I do work, and I spend the rest of my time at home with my family.  ...Sorry."  He was quite baffled by all the attention he was suddenly getting - all because he'd played with Maggie?  But... why?

Matthew and David both squealed with delight as their mother scooped them up, Matthew breaking into full-on laughter as she blew a raspberry on his cheek.  David watched this with an amused, open-mouthed grin, reaching after a moment to press a hand to his brother's other cheek.  Matthew continued to laugh, swiping at David's hand, causing David to let out a giggle, as well.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 pm

"oi, don't think you're getting off easy, mistah," Rose laughed, leaning to the other side and giving David a raspberry to match his brother's. she loved hearing them squeal and giggle so happily, and was for now oblivious to John's plight.

"oh," the mum who'd asked looked a bit disappointed at that. "so do you go to the park often? or does work stop you?" "yeah, we haven't seen you around before." "you're so good with children, it's amazing to watch" "are you a teacher? you should be."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:00 am

John's already-wide eyes widened even more at the second flurry of questions, glancing to each woman in turn as they spoke.  The women's obvious interest in him was making him a little uncomfortable, and he couldn't help but be reminded of the recent incident with Melissa - he certainly didn't want a repeat of that. "Ah... well, we haven't been coming very often, but my wife and I--" he nodded pointedly toward Rose, both as a very obvious way of pointing out he was, in fact, married, in case they, too, ignored his ring, as well as kind of hoping Rose would see his plight and come to save him, but she seemed far too engrossed with the twins at present to notice, much to his chagrin-- "have decided that we're going to make an effort to come more often."  He gave a slight, awkward cough, reaching to rub his head again, making his hair stick up noticeably in the back.  "And, um... no... I'm not a teacher.  ...Actually, I'm a scientist."  He gave a slight, vaguely nervous laugh and a bit of a self-conscious smile, though his discomfort probably wouldn't be all that obvious to the apparently eager women.

David squealed once more as Rose blew a matching raspberry on his cheek, reaching to smack his mother lightly on her own cheek in an effort to get her off of him.  Matthew, still giggling, gave him a slightly smug look at his misfortune.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:40 am

"a scientist? how exciting!" commented one mum as the others seemed a bit disappointed that he wasn't a teacher. they could use a smart, kindly man like he was to help their children be better people. and it was too bad he was too busy to babysit.

"mister, mister!" said one of the children, squeezing between the women's forest of legs, "we're coming back on friday, will you be here? you're really good at playing pretend."

"oh, yes, I do hope you'll be able to come--the world needs more dads like you," another of the mums said. "your boys and little girl are so handsome, and your wife would probably fit right in with us!" they clearly had no designs on him, and were just overexcited to meet a man who was so good with children. it was every mum's dream, honestly.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 am

John had opened his mouth to fumble out another response when one of the children eagerly squeezed in front of the semicircle of women.  He frowned slightly, again about to respond with uncertainty that they would be able to make it, when the mums spoke up once more.  He looked back up at them, unable to help but puff his chest a bit at their compliments of his children, and encouraged by them noting that they thought Rose would fit right in.  Surely that was a good sign?  Melissa certainly hadn't wanted to meet Rose, so perhaps these women weren't interested in him in that way, after all.

He gave a much more genuine smile then, and, glancing between the women and the child that had stepped forward, he gave a nod.  "Yeah, I think that would work out," he agreed.  "I'll have to talk to my wife and check my work schedule to make sure nothing is planned, but I think we should be able to make it."  Then, exclusively to the mums, he asked, "Around what time are you planning on coming on Friday?"
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 am

"yay!" the child cheered, and his mum shooed him before saying "we usually get here first around 3 or 3:30 on fridays. the others come around four and we stay until six, or until the children start whining for snacks. then it's dinnertime." the others nodded. "anyway, I've got to get going, they've got homework to do and marissa, doesn't bailey have peewee cricket practice soon?"

"oh, right, that's at five! I've got to get home and make sure the kids eat first," the other mum--a mousy brown-haired woman--said, hurrying to get her children in the car. "it was very nice to meet you and your family, John!"

Rose had only just noticed his nervousness and the way the women were gathered around him so intently. leaving the boys for a couple of seconds, she got up and walked over. "everything all right?" she asked her husband, concerned by his obvious discomfort.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:42 am

John nodded in understanding, smiling a little once again.  "Alright, that sounds good - I expect we'll see you all then, unless something else happens to come up," he told the first woman, then turning to the second - Marissa.  "Yeah, nice to meet you, as well!" he called back, before reaching up and taking the ball Maggie still held, tossing it back to the child that owned it with a grin.

He turned with slight surprise as Rose walked up, having been unaware of her approach.  He blinked at her question, then smiled.  "Oh, yes, everything's fine now," he said with a hint of amusement.  "I was a bit worried at first that I had a whole pack of women after me, but I don't think that was their goal.  In any case, I think I may have found a solution to the lack of families that we know that have kids; they asked if we wanted to come back on Friday and meet up with them again - said they thought you'd fit right in."  His eyes glimmered.  "Any objections to that?"
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:54 am

Rose looked startled at the news. "not at all," she replied quickly, "that sounds fantastic, and maggie had a blast playing, you can tell." maggie hugged her father's head, putting one short arm on either side, with her pudgy little hands on each cheek, squishing his face a little and giggling, making Rose laugh. "daddy, piggyback!" she said eagerly.

meanwhile, David pulled himself up on the diaper bag and looked across the grass, quickly spotting a new pinecone...he hadn't gotten a good taste of the last one...dropping back to crawl on the uneven terrain, he purposefully stepped off the quilt, on his way through the grass to his prize, halfway between the blanket and his parents.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 am

John nodded happily.  "It's a plan, then!" he announced cheerily, grimacing slightly as Maggie squashed his cheeks, though his smile didn't dissipate as he gave a playful, one-eye-squinted scowl, looking to the side at one of her hands.  "Alriiiight," he aquiesced in a teasingly reluctant, drawn-out manner, hunching over a little so she could slide down to his back.

It was then that he happened to glance over toward the boys, and noticed that David was absent from the quilt.  Following the apparently better-behaved Matthew's curious stare, he quickly located his missing son, heading straight for a pinecone sitting on the ground halfway between the quilt and John and Rose.  "Oh, no, you don't, young man!" he scolded, hurrying over in his hunched-over posture once he was sure Maggie had a good grip and snatching David off the ground before he could reach his prize.  Matthew, still sitting on the quilt, cheered at his brother's misfortune, and John looked up at him, raising an eyebrow.

(Apparently my Spellcheck doesn't think "pinecone" is a word. .___. Spellcheck why.)
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:40 am

(eh, pinecone, pine cone, whatever~)
(also I was playing spore again)

Rose spotted her son and quickly headed after him with a scowl. "you've been trying to chew on all sorts of things you shouldn't today!" she scolded, offering her arms since John had his hands full with maggie. "come on, luvs, it's time to go anyway."

"but...muuuuummy..." maggie let out a long, drawn out whine of disappointment.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:13 am

(I always spell it as one word xD

No probs - I took the opportunity to poof and have a snack and a quick doze.  Pretty sure you came back as soon as I left, though, unfortunately.  xD)

John gladly allowed Rose to take David, struggling slightly to hand him over, as he was still in his hunched-over position to keep Maggie from sliding off his back.  He smiled slightly at his daughter's complaint, straightening up just a little.  "We'll be coming back on Friday, don't worry," he told her, "but for now, it's nearly time to start dinner."  He headed over toward Matthew on the quilt, expecting Rose would follow, and waited for him to pick their second son up and put him back in the pram so he could gather up the quilt, allowing Maggie to remain on his back.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 am

(that's okay, I did a few other random things and then started dinner. I have to do all the cooking, cleaning and etc because I'm actually home alone for 2 weeks straight. everyone's on vacation but me. and of course it's day 4 and I'm already stir crazy DX)

Rose dutifully plopped david into his seat of the pram before scooping up matthew with a smile and putting him beside his brother. maggie was clinging to her father's back like a baby monkey, giggling and making silly noises. she didn't know when 'friday' was, but surely it couldn't be that long, so it was okay with her.

(...and then I realized I'm going to have to put my dog down probably a lot sooner than I thought...like maybe even days soon...and now I'm bawling my eyes out and can't even find any tissues in this house...)

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am

(Oh, gosh, that doesn't sound fun at all...  DX)

(Oh, no!  D':  What's wrong with her?  I'm so sorry...  I know how important she is to you... *hugs* <\3)

Once Matthew was scooped up, John stooped and picked up the blanket, quickly folding it and draping it over one arm to carry it back.  With Rose ready, he started back toward the car, walking alongside his wife and smiling at Maggie's giggling.  It always warmed him to hear the children laugh, and he was glad to have made her so happy today.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 pm

(we found out about 2 months ago that she has heart failure. so she's gonna go sooner or later, whether we put her down or she just wuzzles off in her sleep or something. but it's starting to look like it's going to be sooner than later...:'/)

his little daughter hugged him even tighter for a moment and mumbled "love you, daddy." Rose grinned at him and pulled the pram up to the car, starting to load the boys in so they could head home. "y'know, I bet as long as we make dinner mum wouldn't mind us dropping in...she's only what? a 2 minute drive, if it's that."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 pm

(Aww no, that's terrible... ;-;  Poor baby... <\3)

John's smile broadened adoringly at his daughter's words, and he turned his head slightly, reaching back to gently stroke her hair.  "I love you too, sweetie," he returned softly, meeting Rose's grin with shining eyes.

Once they reached the car, he set the folded blanket temporarily on the roof of the vehicle and crouched down so Maggie could slide safely off his back, then, planting a kiss on her forehead, lifted her into the car and helped her into her carseat.  Once she was secure, he took the quilt again and laid it in the boot, helping Rose refold the pram and put it with the blanket once she was finished with the boys.  "That sounds like a good idea," he agreed with another smile, nodding.  "Let's drop by and surprise her, then - we don't do that enough, either," he added with amusement.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next