Koi & Friends' RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

2 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness! - Page 11 Empty Re: Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:21 am

(yeah, getting a smart phone was a good decision for me, I've been able to keep in touch with my friends so much more easily than before)

maggie smiled and hopped down from her chair, following her father eagerly to the table as he carried the food. both the boys started to coo and wriggle eagerly, slapping their little hands on their trays and demanding breakfast by making as much noise as possible. Rose, hair finally combed and clothes on, came rushing out, stopping at the nursery to find the twins gone, then hurried out to the kitchen to find everything ready to eat. "can you just make me a smoothie or something? I really need to go!"

"but mummy, you have to have breakfast!" maggie insisted, tugging her mother's sleeve in an attempt to get her to sit down and eat with them.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 805

Back to top Go down

Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness! - Page 11 Empty Re: Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 am

(That's awesome~  My phone's like, old.  xD  Can't remember how old, but older than five years, definitely.  But I never use it, so I don't really want to get a new one xD)

"Alright, alright, calm down," John groused to the boys, testing the oatmeal to make sure it wasn't too hot before setting a bowl down in front of each.  He then gave Maggie her pancakes, drizzling them in syrup for her, and returned to the kitchen for his and Rose's plates.  He was just making the return trip when Rose rushed out.  He raised an eyebrow at her request.  "It's going to take just as long to make a smoothie as it is for you to eat the pancakes," he pointed out, "but if you really want..."  He shrugged, setting down the plates on the table before making for the kitchen again.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 1057

http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 am

Rose sighed, realizing he was right, and sat down at the table at maggie's insistence, picking up her fork and dousing her pancakes in syrup before beginning to eat. "Delicious, as always, dear," she called across to him. "mummy!" maggie whined, offended. "I made them!"

"oh! well, you did a very good job," she told her daughter, scarfing the pancakes as fast as she could manage. the boys couldn't really handle spoons yet, young as they were, and had just gone for the hand-to-mouth approach, making huge messes.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:05 am

John stopped as Rose sighed and headed for the table, shrugging again and walking back out of the kitchen and into the ajacent dining area and sitting down in his chair opposite Rose.  He grinned at Maggie's objection and Rose's surprise, pouring syrup onto his own pancakes.  "Yes, you did," he crowed proudly as he took a bite, giving a happy hum and swallowing before adding with a warm smile for his daughter, "And thank you for your help - I think you'll turn into a fine little cook."

He turned to look at the boys as they made a huge mess, giving a long-suffering sigh.  He knew it would've been better to feed them by hand, but Rose didn't have time to help him, and he couldn't feed both at once and eat himself at the same time, so for this morning, letting them make their messes was probably the easiest to deal with, unfortunately.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:24 am

"yeah, I bet you will," Rose said with a smile, petting her daughter's head. "okay, I gotta go- sure you can handle them yourself?" she asked, so used to staying with the kids while he worked that it seemed very wrong to abandon him.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:31 am

John gave her a smile at her concern, and nodded.  "We'll be fine," he reassured her, standing up to give her a hug goodbye.  "If I need anything I'll call you, alright?"  He knew that, as hard as it was for him to leave her and the kids when he went to work, it had to be even harder for her - she'd only left them a handful of times since the twins had been born, after all.  She wasn't used to being away from them like he was.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am

(time for me to make dinner...back in a mo')

"yeah, alright. you do that." she headed for the door, then stopped, spinning around in confusion, trying to figure out where the car keys had gotten off to. she finally located them and grabbed her suit, not even noticing in her haste to dress professionally that morning she practically looked like she was trying to impersonate him, except for the sandshoes.

"I'll be back this afternoon!" she called as she shut the front door. matthew finally looked up from his oatmeal and grunted, "where's mummy?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:13 pm

(Aaaand then I poof looking for something. xD  No problemo~)

Seeing that she seemed to be looking for the keys, John opened his mouth to tell her where he'd left them the night before (or where he thought he had, at least), but before he could get any words out she located them.  "Alright!  Drive safe!" he called back, smirking amusedly at her suit.

As she headed out, he turned back to the table and sat down once more, taking another bite of his half-finished pancakes.  "She's gone to work - I'm staying home with you today," he told Matthew, wondering how well that would go over with the boys, given the looks he'd gotten earlier.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:40 pm

at this news, both boys whined, looking sadly at their father. they loved him, of course, but it just wasn't right without mummy. "it's okay! daddy's good at playing!" maggie told them, trying to cheer them up. "daddy can we build a tower? please please please? mummy's no good at it."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:49 pm

"Ohh, she'll be back soon," he tried to reassure the twins, giving them a smile.  Mummy's boys, he thought amusedly, though not mockingly - he'd been a bit of a Mummy's boy, too, after all.  He turned to Maggie then, and gave her a smile, as well, in addition to a soft snort of laughter at her comment that Rose wasn't a good tower-builder.  "Yes, I think that's something we could pull off," he agreed cheerfully, sticking another bite of pancake in his mouth.  "We'll just have to be careful that the twins don't destroy it..."  Which would be more difficult than it sounded, most likely.

(Headcanon FTW~  He just seems like the type xD)

-----

Meanwhile, at Torchwood, Jake was wondering where the heck John was - he'd been expected in over an hour and a half ago.  He was getting a bit concerned, and was considering calling him to see if everything was okay...
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:57 pm

(yeah, supposedly he is)

"yeah..." maggie sighed, looking a little like a war survivor as she took another bite of her pancakes. the twins both giggled at the thought of tower destruction. "ooh! daddy!" maggie suddenly bounced eagerly as a thought occurred to her. "we can make biscuits! or, or cupcakes! muffins!" she bounced happily in her seat. "for mummy!"

-----

it was lucky it was a little later in the morning than normal, rose thought. at least the traffic was mercifully light and she arrived in good time, enjoying the feel of her long coat swishing slightly behind her as she hurried into the building. "I'm here, I'm here!" she exclaimed, making it to the lab and spotting jake. "anything new, jakey-boy?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:38 pm

(Oh, that's actually canon?  I didn't know that.  Obviously.  xD)

John sniggered a bit at Maggie's haunted look, and the twins' subsequent giggles of destruction.  At Maggie's suggestion, however, his eyes lit up in surprised pleasure.  "That's a good idea," he agreed happily, smiling.  "I think she'd like that."

-----

Jake turned in surprise at the sound of Rose's voice, ogling at her for a moment in her very John-like suit and coat.  "Rose!  Wasn't expecting you," he exclaimed after snapping himself out of it, affording her a smile.  "It's good to see ya, but... where's John?  Everything alright?"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:47 pm

"wha? oh, we both thought he could use a day off for a breather," she told him. "and I could use a day off chasing the kids everywhere! so we switched. anything I can help with?" she hoped there weren't any urgent projects that would need john's brains. she wanted him to be able to have a day with the kids, properly. in fact, she could go and see a doctor about those pills today, before she headed home, since it would take a couple weeks until they were working enough to afford the protection they were designed for. "oh, how's dennis the menace? still after shoelaces?" she asked with a grin, thinking of the white-spotted troublemaking tribble.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:56 pm

"Ah, I see," Jake said, nodding a little, then giving a slight laugh.  "Well, that switch oughta give you both a break from the norm, eh?"  He brought her a lab coat, then grabbed a clipboard, quickly reading over the results of a scan.  "Nothin' too exciting that I'm aware of, but I'm sure we can find something for ya to do, yeah," he told her, looking back up.  "We got a couple pieces'a scrap in earlier this mornin' that you can take a look at, if ya want.  As for Dennis, he most definitely is," he told her with another laugh.  "He chewed one'a Chrissie's aglets yesterday. Don't think that fella will ever not chase after shoelaces."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 pm

"I wonder how he was born with such a liking for them?" she laughed, glancing to the tribble tank to find him trying to climb the glass of the enclosure. "none of his littermates care, but that's his whole mission in life." she giggled again and shrugged. "sure, I'll have a look at the scrap. but I'm not likely to make too much headway, y'know--I mighta travelled with him, but john's the one with the knowledge."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:34 pm

"Yeah, I dunno," Jake chuckled, shrugging, as well and glancing briefly over to the tribble tank, smirking in amusement over Dennis' escape attempts, before turning back to Rose.  "Well, even so, you're still more experienced with such things than any of us," he said with another grin, then, thinking, added, "Except maybe Jack.  Don't think anyone really knows all the places that bloke's been, and I'm not sure I wanna know."  He laughed a little again, leading the way out of the lab and toward the artifacts storage area where they were keeping the scrap.

(Gonna poof for a bit to eat~)
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:45 pm

"yeah, I know he's not been nearly the places we have, and he's never travelled with theta like our jack did back in the old universe," she agreed. "e's just a normal bloke, here."

"hey, who are you calling 'normal'?" jack commented with a smile, peeking out from behind a shelf as they entered the artifact storage area. "long time no see, rose. where's John?"

-----

after breakfast was over and everyone was clean again, maggie couldn't decide what she and Daddy should do next. they could bake...or play dolls...or build a tower...or play house...the boys just wanted to make a mess, and had designs on the couch pillows if they could get ahold of them.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Jake smirked amusedly at Jack's interjection.  "Well... he is still from the fifty-first century, and he had that vortex manipulator thingamadoodah - he's bound to have seen something of the universe," he said, purposely speaking as if Jack wasn't there, just to annoy him.  He gave him a playful sideways glance, then replied, "Decided to stay home with the kiddos today.  He and Rose swapped places, I guess."

-----

John, for his part, was quite happy to do whatever Maggie wanted to do, though his ability to move from room to room was, of course, hampered by the need to keep an eye on the twins.  So, while she decided on what she wanted to do, he had taken the boys into the living room, putting up the baby gates so they couldn't do a runner - er... crawler - and trying to keep them from chewing up the couch pillows.

"Nooo, you can't teethe on the pillows...!" he exclaimed, placing said pillows higher up on the back of the couch.  "Blimey, you're worse than a couple of three-month-old puppies - everything just goes straight into your mouths, doesn't it?"

(Now I'm imagining Maggie dressing him up, or something xD  I've long been amused by the thought of her doing his hair and/or painting his nails at some point, and then he just struts proudly into work the next day and shows it off... xD  I don't know if she's really "girly" enough for that, though. -shrugs-)

EDIT: (Gonna go ahead and sign off for tonight. Nighty-night!)
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:44 am

matthew squealed in frustration, unable to get at the pillows as they were much too high up now. david went for the toy box, hunting for a tasty toy to chew on.

"we could play house!" maggie decided with a grin. "mummy likes to play house with me. here!" she rummaged around for a moment and produced an apron for him, and a toy broom. "there you go!"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:53 am

John raised an eyebrow at Matthew's squeal of dissatisfaction, then glanced over at David as he crawled toward the toybox, watching him closely to make sure he didn't start chewing on something inappropriate.

He was distracted slightly as Maggie decided what she wanted to do, and looked down as she brought a little apron and small toy broom over to him.  "Alright," he agreed, feeling amused as he complied with her wishes and put on the apron.  It was much too small, but he figured that didn't matter.  The tiny broom, however, was a bit more of an issue, so, after a brief moment of thought, he crouched down, glancing to the boys again as he began to pretend to sweep the floor.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:58 am

maggie giggled happily as she realized the apron she'd given him was much too small to fit around his comparatively large body. she had put on the other apron and gotten out her toy tea kettle, putting it on her toy stove and "turning it on" to boil. then she grabbed all sorts of bowls and other things and started pretending to make some sort of baked good, looking a lot like the fairies from sleeping beauty, sticking the bag of flour, bag of sugar, stick of butter and two whole plastic eggs in her bowl and starting to whisk, humming cheerfully. meanwhile, david found a rattle and showed it off to matthew, who started chasing him to get it.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:13 am

John resisted an amused snort as Maggie dumped all the ingredients into a bowl and started to whisk them.  He watched her for a few moments, continuing to sweep, then turned to look as David squealed, Matthew on his tail as he crawled quickly across the room, apparently after the rattle he'd found.  He shook his head lightly, and shuffled a little to sweep a different area, frowning with a bit of chagrin as he located a stray Cheerio in the corner of the room.  He picked it up, staring at it.  "Hmm...  Seems this room needed a good sweeping," he noted, tucking the piece of cereal into the breast pocket of his pajamas (he'd never gotten the chance to change into day clothes) with the intent of throwing it away at the first chance he got, though he'd probably forget, and then be confused when he found it in there later.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:02 am

"are you done sweeping, daddy?" maggie asked, turning to him with a grin. "I'm making muffins--do they look good?" she held out the bowl, which now had a toy banana added to it for good measure. "they're banana nut...ony I don't have any nut..." she looked down at the bowl in slight disappointment, then shrugged. she dumped the ingredients back in her food basket, then mimed putting the batter in a cupcake tin, plopping the wooden cupcakes in one at a time as they "filled up", then popping them in the oven and setting a little play timer. "three hours, nice and cripsy!" she announced, hands on hips. "can you make the tea?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:15 am

"Just about," John replied, turning to look at her with a smile.  He stood, broom still in hand, and walked over to take a look at the bowl of 'muffin mix'.  "Looks very good," he told her, his eyes glimmering at the idea of banana nut muffins.  Might have to make some of those myself... he thought, wondering if Rose would be as pleased with that as he would be.  Probably not, he decided - she wasn't nearly as big a fan of bananas as he was.

He watched as Maggie popped the muffins in the oven, smiling slightly.  Well... perhaps just a bit too crispy... he thought to himself with amusement, though he didn't say anything about it, just nodded and fetched the toy teapot from the toybox, then returned to take the kettle from the stovetop and 'pour' it into the pot, dropping a plastic tea bag in afterward.  "Should be ready in a few minutes," he told her, setting the kettle back down on the stove, as there was nowhere else to reasonably place it.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:22 am

"yay!" she crouched down in front of the little plastic window on the oven, watching her muffins critically, then jumping as the timer went off on the little toy stove. "oh no! get them out quick!" she reached in the refrigerator and grabbed a hot pad, pulling the muffins out like a dramatic rescue, then setting them on her tiny counter and scratching her chin, wondering whether to frost them or not. did muffins get frosting? well, everything was better with sugar. she had john help her put the plastic frosting caps on the cupcakes, then stick the little wooden candles on the top too, just because, and then said "do you think the tea's done? I'll get the cups!"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next