Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Re: Hermits United~ An RP of Pete's world awesomeness!

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:38 pm

"well..." she sighed, eyeing the frying pan on its hook overhead. "I don't really want to wash it, though..." she reached for the egg pan instead, which was the same shape but a bit smaller, and came down on the cloves of garlic with a resounding whack, splitting the tight paper peels and releasing the delicious garlic fragrance as the cloves broke open. "mmm...this is gonna be the best dinner in ages!"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 388

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:30 pm

(Bleh, got distracted, sorry xD)

John turned to look over his shoulder again as Rose reached for the egg pan, hoisting it up and giving the garlic a sound thwack to split it open.  He couldn't help but wince at the noise and violence of her movements, but gave a small giggle all the same.  "So you'd rather wash the only slightly smaller egg pan than the frying pan, eh?" he teased her, raising his nose in the air with a deep inhale as he caught the pungent scent of the garlic.  "Oh, yes, I'll bet it will be," he agreed, grinning and continuing to chop the tomatoes.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 575

View user profile http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 pm

rose shrugged. "it is smaller, at least. less to wash...technically." she grinned and went to the sink, rinsing it off and drying it, putting it back on its hook over the center island before returning for the garlic. she got rid of all the paper skin and got out a knife, chopping it and then mincing it up as small as she could for him. "should I put the water on to boil for the pasta noodles now?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. she knew basically how a lasagna was supposed to go together, but it wasn't as if jackie had ever (successfully) made one.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:41 pm

(I have no better idea of how to make a lasagna than Rose does lol it's been so long since my mom has made one)

"Well... technically, I suppose," John agreed with humor.  He continued chopping up and otherwise gathering the ingredients needed for the sauce, letting the garlic simmer in the bottom of the pan for a couple of minutes before he added the other things.  He looked over as Rose posed her question, thinking for a moment before nodding.  "Yeah, the sauce should be ready fairly soon, and we don't want to have to let it sit for too long."
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Rose smiled and grabbed the pasta pot, filling it at the sink and carefully returning it to the stovetop, turning the burner on as high as it would go and adding a little salt to the water. then she grabbed the box of noodles and had to ignore the strange urge to eat one of the dry strips. but it's so crunchy...

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:51 pm

While she fetched the pot and filled it, John added a few more herbs to the saucepan, glancing over as Rose grabbed the box of noodles.  "Oi, don't start eating those - we'll need all of them for the lasagna," he giggled at the look on her face, walking over and peering at the box in her hands.  "Why would you want to eat them dry, anyway?  You could break a tooth on those things!"
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:57 pm

"yeah, but it's kinda crunchy, though...like crisps, but better," she commented, setting the box down for a moment until the water was boiling and going back to letting her mind wander until it was time to dump the box in. a few minutes later, when the noodles were almost done, there was a faint noise from down the hall of a doorknob rattling. maggie was awake, it seemed.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:15 pm

"But they have so little flavor!" John laughed, shaking his head.  He returned to the saucepan as the noodles cooked, stirring it occasionally and watching it closely to make sure it didn't burn.  At the sound of the rattling doorknob, however, he raised his head.  "Well... she is awake," he said with only half-joking ominousness, unable to help but recall the words of the Ood on that hunk of rock...  He shivered slightly, but shook it off, heading down the hall and opening the nursery door.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 pm

rose gave a nervous little giggle at his words, having the same thought as he did. that was not a happy path to go down... she stayed by the food as he went to open the nursery door, finding only maggie awake. the boys were still snoozing happily, completely out cold. "daddy, what's lunch?" maggie asked rather loudly, making rose flinch, hoping the boys wouldn't wake.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:23 am

John, too, winced at Maggie's loud question, gritting his teeth and looking with alarm towards the boys' cot.  Thankfully, they didn't wake, and he gave a relieved sigh.  "Shhh..." he hushed Maggie, beckoning her out of the room and closing the door softly behind her.  "Mummy and I already ate lunch," he told her as he led her back to the kitchen, "but I'll make you a sandwich.  That alright?"
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:31 pm

(sorry, it was dinnertime)

"ooh, a sandwich?" maggie bounced happily, arms over her head to try and get her father to carry her. he smelled delicious from standing over the pot of lasagna sauce. rose smiled at them as they came into the kitchen, preparing to drain the noodles before they overcooked.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:43 pm

(Ah, it's cool~)

John glanced back as she raised her arms, and smiled, stopping and turning to pick her up, carrying her the rest of the way to the kitchen.  He was glad she seemed to have forgotten the chocolate incident - the perks of a toddler's short attention span, he supposed.  He checked the sauce, stirring it a few times and finding it done, then turned off the burner, allowing it to simmer while Rose drained the noodles.  Then, he set Maggie down, getting the ingredients out of the fridge once more and putting her together a half a sandwich, along with a few crisps.  He took it to the table for her, giving her a boost into her chair, before returning to the kitchen, fetching a casserole dish out of the cupboard.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:13 pm

"oh, I already grabbed one of those," Rose commented, pointing to the island, where she'd put it out. "did you get all the types of cheese?" she knew there were at least 4 different kinds of cheese that normally went into the dish and knew they would have needed to buy at least two of them. maggie was just happy with her sandwich and crisps, munching quickly and ignoring her parents as they focused on dinner. seeing a bottle on the table, she grabbed it, but it was empty. "aww, can I have some drink?"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:46 pm

John turned to look from where his head was stuck in the cupboard, giving a slightly surprised "Oh," at the sight of the dish on the table.  He slid the dish he had ahold of back into the cupboard once more, walking over to the island to begin laying out the first layer of noodles.  "Yup - checked the fridge yesterday and picked up the three kinds we didn't have - or didn't have enough of - at the market earlier," he replied to Rose with a grin at her question, turning again to look into the dining room at the sound of Maggie's voice.  Seeing her holding the empty bottle of ginger beer, he gave a slight laugh.  "I really don't think you'd like that drink much - it's very strong," he told her amusedly.  "How about some juice instead?"
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:42 pm

"juice?" she chirped eagerly, holding her hand out for it and grasping for an imaginary cup. rose giggled at her little daughter, getting her a small cup of juice to go with her sandwich and putting it on the table in front of her, putting the bottles away before returning to help with the lasagna. maggie continued to munch happily, making "mmm" noises as she took as big of bites as would fit in her little mouth.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:43 pm

(Sorry 'bout that - my mom got home late from a line dancing class she decided to start taking with my grandma, and she needed my help with the animals.  xD)

John smiled amusedly as Maggie grasped for the imaginary cup, looking over gratefully as Rose got out the juice for her.  Once she returned, he let her finish laying out the noodles in the bottom of the casserole dish and instructed her on how much sauce to spoon over them while he started grating the cheeses.  Once he had enough for the first layer, he sprinkled the cheeses on top of the sauce, then continued grating more for the second layer, letting Rose lay out more noodles and sauce.

(I should probably head out, unfortunately.  My nighttime routine takes a while.  v_v)
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:49 pm

(aww...well, tomorrow is going to be booked solid until at least after 5:30 pm. and sunday's going to be pretty much booked too...)

Rose was happy to follow john's instructions, making sure he remembered the soft ricotta cheese too, since it was important. she tried to sneak a pinch of the parmesan when the lasagna was almost done, then checked to be sure the oven was hot before putting it in, setting the timer so they could check it in about 45 minutes. maggie, meanwhile, had just finished her crisps and hopped down from her chair, wandering into the other room to play with her toys, so that when rose glanced over for her, she was gone, making her jump and quickly look round until she spotted her ginger daughter.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 am

(Aww.  Well, I guess we'll just have to get a few posts in when we can, then, and if we can't, then that's okay~)

John nodded, making sure to add the ricotta as well.  Once the last layer was in place, he sprinkled a bit more of the parmesan and other grated cheeses over the top for good measure, eyeing Rose with amusement as she tried to sneak a pinch, though he made no attempt to stop her - there was still a bit left.  He was putting the remainder of the cheese back into the fridge when he felt a spark of surprise from her, and turned with slight alarm, his eyebrows rising up.  He quickly noticed Maggie had gone, then looked to Rose, relaxing once he realized she was looking at their daughter playing in the other room.

Once the cheese was put away, he rinsed the saucepan in the sink and put it into the dishwasher to wash later, then turned to Rose with a smile.  "Well... should we join Maggie in the living room, then?" he asked her, offering her his hand.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:25 pm

(okay, I'm back. plasma donation is not agreeing with me, so it would seem...)

"hmm...I think so," rose hummed happily, taking his hand and wrapping it around her lower back so she could lean into him for a moment. they could still have a bit of peace until the boys woke up, at least, since maggie was content to play alone for now. "should we turn on the telly? I know there's not much on..."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:46 pm

(...Well that doesn't sound fun... o___o')

John gave a soft hum of happiness, shifting his hand a bit further so it was around her waist and resting up against her, his eyes half-lidded in contentment.  "Mm, maybe," he murmured in agreement.  "It should help pass the time until dinner a bit more quickly, even if nothing much is on.  Or..." he added, perking up a little as an idea rose in his mind, "we could put on a kid-friendly movie.  Might be a bit more entertaining than a cooking show... or the news..."  He smirked in amusement.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:51 pm

"sure, but I'm not sure maggie will appreciate a kid's show," she noted, watching her daughter hum off-key as she mopped the carpeting to 'clean up a spill' in her kitchen. "still, you're right, better than the news, surely." she stayed close to him and carefully stepped forward so they could stay a little entwined until they made it to the couch. she pulled the couch blanket off the back of the sofa and laid it in her lap for a moment so she could find the remote.

(...yeeeeaaaaah... it wasn't. I almost passed out from loss of blood pressure, and don't know why which is a little scary)

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:39 pm

(Gosh, that's horrid.  DX  I sometimes get nauseous and/or a little lightheaded after blood draws, especially if they take a lot, and I did nearly pass out once, if memory serves, but I've never actually done so, thank goodness, because that would be... yeah...  e_e'')

John gave a snort at that.  "Everyone can appreciate a good kids' movie!" he protested good-naturedly, walking with her into the living room.  "Especially the classics.  Hmm... what should we watch, do you think?"  He sat down next to her, turning to glance back and help her hunt down the remote, though she probably had a better idea of where it was than he did.
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:51 pm

(I hope I didn't scare the other people around me, because the machine started beeping for a reset with low pressure, the guy reset it, my fingers started going numb so he loosened the cuff, and then everything suddenly started crashing at once n_n" like not thirty seconds later, I just fairly loudly went "something's wrong" and they had to take vitals etc and my heart was 137...yup. but 5 minutes and some saline later, 62. and pressure restored, if a bit low)

"we could do a disney film, if they exist here...blimey, I never thought to check, it's been ages since I've seen anything kiddie," she commented as she got up and hunted around for the remote, finally finding it in a slightly odd location she couldn't remember leaving it in. oh well. "I mean, we've got a president in britain, and thanksgiving...maybe disney doesn't exist here?"

(oh, there was one of those "what's your supervillian name" initials games and mine was "doctor master" lol )

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:25 pm

(Uuugh, that's terrible... DX)

"We watched The Lion King a few years back, though - remember?" John giggled, checking between the couch cushions for the remote while she got up and searched elsewhere, glad when she finally found it.  "So I'm sure at least some of the other Disney classics exist here, too - and maybe even a few that never came to light in our universe.  We'll just have to see what's available..."  His eyes sparkled with a childlike glee - he hadn't seen most of the classics in years, and the thought that there could be more he'd never seen before was exciting, as well.

(Oh my gosh x'D)
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:28 pm

"we could watch hercules?" rose suggested as she settled back onto the couch. "I bet hercules is a thing, surely?" maggie walked by in front of her parents brandishing the mop for a moment before putting it away and getting the duster for a few moments. apparently satisfied with that, she started to dig in the toy box, apparently seeking something specific.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next