Koi & Friends' RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trekkies United: Going Boldly

2 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Trekkies United: Going Boldly - Page 24 Empty Re: Trekkies United: Going Boldly

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:40 pm

"nya?" a three month old black kitten with surprisingly blue eyes crept cautiously up to him after a moment, neck and body stretched out and very carefully sniffing him. when she finally decided he was alright, she hopped up into his lap and perched on his knee. "aww, aren't you cute~" brianna hummed, reaching down to pet the kitten. she flinched back in surprise when she fluffed up and hissed threateningly at her, then scampered down to Matrix's stomach to find a place to hide from  the huge scary woman
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 805

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 pm

Matrix, of course, was immediately smitten as the kitten hopped up to curl up on his knee, and he'd tentatively reached out a hand to her when Brianna reached down, as well, spooking the kitten and making him jump a little. "Aww, I think she's a little nervous," he murmured, reaching carefully down to where the kitten huddled against him and offering his hand for her to sniff or rub on as she wanted. Often, he'd read, it was a good idea to allow a cat to 'pet' you, especially when first meeting a cat, or if a cat was particularly shy. He glanced to Brianna, then nodded to the floor beside him. "She might feel more comfortable around you if you're sitting. After all, we must seem like terrifying giants to her!"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 1057

http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:02 pm

"...oh...suppose you're right." Brianna quickly settled herself down beside him, offering a hand carefully like she saw him doing. as she did so, and the fuzzy little thing started warming up to them, she flinched rather suddenly and gasped in surprise as the calico came back, jumping straight on her knee and putting her multicolored face right into brianna's for a loud MAO and a demanding paw reach, patting her chin with an outstretched paw. 'pet me! pet me!' the calico demanded of the girl, who just stared in surprise. the black kitten, meanwhile, got bolder and started to climb up mat's shirt with her sharp little claws.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:44 pm

(Awww xD If we're going for these two, I feel like they should be sisters~ Siblings are always fun, and often they retain bonds their whole lives. Cats are really more social than people give them credit for.)

Matrix nodded in approval as she extended a hand for the black kitten, watching the interaction, before jumping slightly as well as the little calico hopped onto Brianna's knee, startling her in the process. He laughed at the kitten's imperiousness. "She's a little cheeky, isn't she?" he noted, then abruptly looked back down in surprise as the black kitten began climbing his shirt. "Oh, dear... I'm not sure that's the best idea, little one..." he giggled with a hint of nervousness, reaching to support the kitten so she wouldn't fall off, and hoping his uniform was thick enough to keep her claws from sticking him...
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:08 pm

(well if they ARE sisters, they're not littermates. the calico is a lot bigger than the little black)

Brianna cautiously pet the imperious calico, smiling as she enjoyed the silky soft fur. the little black kitten made it up onto mat's shoulder to sniff his ear and hair, then laid along the top of his shoulder, deciding she was tired and it was time for a cozy nap. bri glanced over and started giggling at his predicament. "you're just a cat whisperer," she teased
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:41 pm

(Aww. A shame. You didn't mention the calico's age, so I figured it was possible.)

Matrix held very still as the kitten clambered up to his shoulder, though he winced a little as she stuck her nose in his ear and sniffed. As she settled down, he gave a sigh, wondering how he was ever going to work up the heart to get her down. He stiffly turned his head to look at Brianna as she giggled, and gave her a small, helpless smile. "I suppose I am. Perhaps they know my fondness for cats... Cats can always sense such things, it seems..."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:57 pm

"I'm glad she's comfortable with you. maybe that should be our choice." the calico in her lap, dissatisfied with suddenly being ignored in favor of Matrix, let out another demanding MAO and tapped at her hand again, wanting more pets. "well, I'm sorry. you turned your nose up at him, literally. I don't think I'm allowed to get two cats." she started rubbing against the girl insistently, getting her scent all over bri's shirt
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Matrix watched the kitten rub on Brianna's shirt with amusement.  "She's claiming you," he giggled, nodding to the little calico.  "In any case... this is going to be your cat, really.  I think it's more important that the animal we get is bonded to you, and not necessarily that he or she is bonded to me."  Despite his words, he looked to his shoulder at the little black kitten as he spoke, his eyes growing sad.  How were they supposed to decide between the two...?
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:44 pm

"...aren't cats pretty social creatures?" brianna asked, sensing his sadness as he looked at the tiny kitten using his shoulder for a bed. "I doubt we'll be around enough with our studies to keep a kitten occupied all by ourselves...maybe we can get permission for a pair of them?" she really just didn't want to see him sad, and that little one was really, really adorable too...
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:30 am

Matrix's expression brightened at the suggestion, and he turned to look at her again, hopeful. "Yes... perhaps they will understand. You're right - domestic cats are actually quite social - more so than a lot of people realize, I think. They do very well in pairs or small groups, as long as they get along with those other cats in particular. We already know that these two get along well - the shelter would not have them together if they didn't - and they're young. Cats that grow up together are often very close. It would be good for them to have some social interaction while we are away, or busy." He truly hoped they could get permission to adopt both. As Brianna had said, it wouldn't really be fair to any animal to leave it alone for long periods of time while they were busy with their studies.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm

brianna helped matrix take both the kittens to one of the workers, explaining that they wanted to adopt both together but that they needed permission to take them home. she was able to call and was pleasantly shocked that they wholeheartedly agreed to allow both animals, as long as they were housed together as a pair so that the social benefits could be reaped for the kittens. the little black kitten was now snuggled in matrix's arms and purring with impressive volume, and brianna's calico was perched on her shoulder like she thought she was a parrot.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon May 18, 2020 6:20 pm

Matrix, of course, was overjoyed that they were allowed to adopt both kittens, and that the Academy officials seemed to understand the benefits it would give the kittens to be in a pair. He happily took the little black kitten back once everything was made official, carrying her back to the transporter pad. He glanced over at Brianna as they walked, grinning at the calico perched on her shoulder.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon May 18, 2020 6:23 pm

"I hope you realize you're going to get too big for this sooner or later," brianna told her new kitten, who just made a soft prrb noise of delight and sat up straighter. "they'll both need names. do you have any ideas, mat?" she asked once they were back at the academy. the little calico glanced over at him and MAO'd again, twitching her tailtip and slightly narrowing her eyes.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri May 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Mat tilted his head a little at the question, green eyes moving to look to the calico on her shoulder at her loud "MAO", and he smiled, recognizing the narrowed eyes as an expression of trust.  That was a good sign.  "Hmm..." he hummed thoughtfully, tilting his head a little further the other way.  "Well... how about Piper, for the calico?  It would seem to suit her very vocal personality."  He chuckled a little, smiling at the kitten again.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:58 pm

"piper? that's a bit on the nose, but I like it. it suits her." the calico purred softly again and nuzzled her girl. "what about yours? she's so small. hopefully she doesn't stay this tiny..." the little pitch black kitten had fallen asleep in his arms with all her feet tucked in comfortably. "she should have a pretty name. how about bella, and make it short for belladonna?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:47 pm

Matrix looked down at the kitten in his arms, resisting the urge to reach up with one hand and pet her; he didn't want to disturb her when she seemed so comfortable.  "Belladonna?" he echoed, glancing up at Brianna at her suggestion.  "As in Atropa belladonna, the deadly nightshade?"  He chuckled again, looking back down at the kitten.  "Well, I should hope she's not deadly, though "nightshade" would seem to fit, given her coloring.  And "belladonna" does mean "beautiful lady" in Italian, so there's that going for it, as well."  He looked back up and smiled.  "I like it."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24