MistClan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: MistClan

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:38 am

(oh dear...I have vastly underestimated the blunder capacity of this poor thing XD)

-Sandpelt-

the orange tom just stood there and watched his apprentice make an impressive fool of himself. he didn't even know what to say, sometimes, just shook his head slightly. "come on, let's go. we're almost there." the mouse had run off the second the young tom had run into the bush and was long gone now.

Sandpelt gave him just enough time to collect himself before starting to pad off again, trying to hide his twitching whiskers. his apprentice was probably embarrassed enough without him laughing at him.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 388

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:20 am

Here is tomorrow, just past the sunrise, my fingers reaching out.  'Cause we are believers, the guards of the skyline.  The curse can't tie us down.  We've waited so long...  We've waited long enough...

(( The general rule is that whenever there is any sort of opportunity for him to (usually inadvertently) get himself in a bind, he's probably going to.  xD ))

Hawkpaw's POV

Hawkpaw finally broke from his slight stupor at Sandpelt's voice, and, standing, he shook his pelt out vigorously, looking more canine than feline, then bounded to catch up to his mentor.

Having reached him once more, he slowed his pace to walk alongside the orange tom, looking much less enthusiastic than he had before.  "Sorry... I guess I should've stopped, huh?" the apprentice mumbled sheepishly, his head down and eyes averted.  His tail, though by now smoothed down once again, was also drooping, instead of sticking straight up as it had been since they'd left camp.

This is our right, this is our song, this is our moment in history.  Ten million roads turn into one.  This is our fight, where we belong.  No one can take away destiny.  So let the night cover us all - stars will never fall...
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 575

View user profile http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 am

-Sandpelt-

"yes, you should have," he replied in a calm tone. "you need to pay more attention to your surroundings, hawkpaw. especially when we're outside of camp. it's dangerous out here. what if I had stopped because there was a predator and I couldn't speak up to warn you because it was too close? you could have been eaten before you knew it!" he shook his head a little. he didn't want to alarm the young cat, but this was serious. if he stayed as absolutely feather-brained as he was, he was going to be worse off than Sandpelt's sister, and Starclan knew how she was even still alive at this point. "come on, we're nearly there. why don't we play a game?" he suggested, an idea forming. "between here and the training hollow, I want you to see 3 different plants and hear 3 different animals if you can, and when we get there, you'll tell me what they were and where they were."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Here is tomorrow, just past the sunrise, my fingers reaching out.  'Cause we are believers, the guards of the skyline.  The curse can't tie us down.  We've waited so long...  We've waited long enough...

(( ... ))

Hawkpaw's POV

Despite Sandpelt's calm tone, Hawkpaw's head lowered even further as he spoke.  He wanted to please his mentor - really, he did - but it was just so hard to focus, especially when they were outside!  There were so many sights and sounds and smells, and not nearly enough time to focus on any of them, let alone narrow in on just one!

At the older tom's suggestion, he perked up slightly, though his ears pulled back a little and his eyes flickered with uncertainty.  "...Do... do you really think I can do that?" he asked in a surprisingly soft voice, clearly unsure of himself, before he gained a small smile and nodded.  "I'll try, Sandpelt!" he piped up, a bit more loudly this time. He was going to make his mentor proud!

As they continued onward, he made an extra effort to keep his ears pricked, his nose alert, and his eyes scanning the terrain ahead.  An oak tree here, the scent of some sort of herb he couldn't hope to identify there, and somewhere off in the distance, the sound of a jay's harsh call could be heard.  Maybe this wasn't so hard, after all!

Unfortunately, with his focus so intently fixated on paying attention to what was located in a wider area around him, he failed to notice what was right in front of him, and stumbled slightly as one forepaw slipped into a divot in the ground.  It was a small error, but it was enough to make his ears burn, and he tried to pull his attention in slightly, searching for a balance he could manage.

This is our right, this is our song, this is our moment in history.  Ten million roads turn into one.  This is our fight, where we belong.  No one can take away destiny.  So let the night cover us all - stars will never fall...
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 am

-Sandpelt-

sandpelt kept himself alert as they continued once more, trying to spot everything the young apprentice could possibly alert on so he could determine how good a job he had done once they reached the hollow.

the tom glanced back at the sound of him stumbling slightly, then quickly faced forward again, getting a small plant to the face for his trouble. nearly there...nearly there...

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 am

(( The unidentified plant he saw was juniper, by the way~ ))

Hawkpaw's POV

Hawkpaw happened to notice as Sandpelt walked through a small plant, and his whiskers twitched with amusement.  Well, at least he wasn't the only one running into foliage today, he thought.

He continued scanning their surroundings as they walked on, and, a short time later, they arrived at the Sandy Hollow.  Hawkpaw bounced eagerly into the little clearing, turning around so he was facing his mentor, his eyes bright and a grin on his muzzle.

"So I heard a jay, a squirrel scuffing around in a tree, and a flock of sparrows chirping," he began to spout eagerly, kneading his forepaws in the sand, "and I saw an oak tree, a holly bush, and... some sort of big, spiky bush with lots of round, purple-y berries."  He frowned thoughtfully.  "I don't know what it was, but I think Seedpelt gave some of the berries to me once when I ate too much fresh-kill.  So it must be an herb."

WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:57 am

(I guessed that by the description, but it's good you said, I wouldn't have been sure~)

-Sandpelt-

the tom sat and wrapped his tail over his paws, listening to his eager apprentice spout the animals and plants he had seen and heard. "I heard all those animals," he confirmed with a nod. "there was also a mouse very nearby us at one point that scampered off as I passed it, so it was probably gone before you could have heard it." at the description of the third plant, his whiskers and tailtip twitched in amusement. "you're right. it's called juniper. sounds like the berries are ripe, so we could take a few back for the medicine cats, since we're so far out."

the little attention exercise had been a success, it seemed. he stood again and walked a little farther into the hollow. "all right, let's get started," the tom mewed, looking a little excited himself. this had always been his favorite part of training, after all.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:51 pm

(( Yeah, I figured you'd probably be able to guess it, but also figured I should make sure xD ))

Hawkpaw's POV

Hawkpaw gave another bounce as Sandpelt confirmed what he'd seen and heard, happy he'd apparently done well, though he stilled again as his mentor explained what the unidentifiable bush had been, his eyes widening as he made an effort to absorb the information.  "I bet they'd be happy about that," he purred, nodding at the suggestion to bring some of the berries back for the Seedpelt and Fennelpaw.

As Sandpelt stood and walked a little further inward, Hawkpaw trotted after him, stopping about two tail-lengths away and beginning to knead his forepaws again in anticipation, feeling the granules of sand shift beneath his pads.  "What are we going to do first?" he asked eagerly, crouching down and waggling his hindquarters.

WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 am

-Sandpelt-

"hmm...stand up on your hind paws and give me one swipe, then the other, then both at once for a grab. I want to see your balance." for good measure, the tom demonstrated the move, rearing back on his hind legs and using his tail for added balance, swiping with one outstretched front paw, then the other, then swiping from both sides so his toes touched in the middle. he let himself fall heavily back to all fours to watch his eager apprentice try the move.

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 am

(( ... ))

Hawkpaw's POV

The light ginger apprentice's gold eyes narrowed thoughtfully at his mentor's instruction, watching his movements carefully before sitting and attempting to raise himself up to balance on his hind legs.  He stumbled a little, tail lashing as he attempted to right himself, and was forced to place his forepaws back on the ground.

His eyes narrowing further in concentration, Hawkpaw tried again, and this time, was able to balance shakily on his hind paws just long enough to perform the move - first one forepaw, then the other, and then both together.  His movement was shaky, and his blows not very strong, but he was nonetheless pleased he'd been able to keep himself stable for the exercise as he lowered himself onto his front paws once more.

WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:00 pm

-Sandpelt-

the tom's tail twitched a couple times as he watched his apprentice's poor balance. "we'll have to work on that, get your balance up. that move can be very useful in certain situations." with another twitch of his tailtip, he took a few steps back so he was facing him a small distance apart. "all right, I want you to try and attack me. use anything you can think of, hawkpaw, and I'm going to stop you. keep your claws sheathed, all right?"

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:56 pm

(( ... ))

Hawkpaw's POV

Hawkpaw nodded, thinking about some way he could possibly work to strengthen his sense of balance.  Playing moss ball catch would probably help.  He wondered who he could talk into playing with him.  Swiftpaw likely would agree, and he could probably persuade some of his friends to join in, he thought eagerly.

As Sandpelt asked him to attack him, Hawkpaw's eyes brightened.  "Okay!" he chirped as he dropped into a crouch, lashing his tail a couple of times before stilling it, concentrating hard as he tried to decide the best way to proceed.  He remembered the last time they'd practiced battle training - he'd simply tried to rush his mentor and pounce as quickly as possible, but Sandpelt had dodged him easily; he'd need to be a bit more innovative this time.

After a few more heartbeats of consideration, he darted forward, feinting to the right before making a sharp turn back to the left, jumping into the air, intending to drop down on the orange tom's shoulders.

WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm

-Sandpelt-

as the young tom darted toward him, Sandpelt took the opportunity to demonstrate the usefulness of the move he had just taught him. as soon as he feinted, sandpelt reared back, preventing him from successfully landing on his shoulders, and batted the airborne cat back away from him harmlessly. "good work with the feint," he mewed in praise. "that was quick thinking."

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:05 pm

(( Can't decide whether or not Hawkpaw should have discovered his power yet, or, if not, when he should. P: ))

Hawkpaw's POV

Hawkpaw was sent sprawling into the sand as his mentor batted him away, but he managed to roll with the impact and pop right back onto his paws, if a bit clumsily.  He looked slightly miffed that Sandpelt had managed to counter his attempt so easily, but brightened immediately once more at his praise, his tail lifting so it was sticking straight up in the air again.

"Thanks!" he piped up happily, then, a mere heartbeat later, dove forward once again, hoping to catch the older tom off-guard.  This time, he aimed for his mentor's paws, counting on Sandpelt repeating the swipe move so he could sweep his hind legs out from under him.  The apprentice knew it would be a bit foolish to repeat the same move twice, but he was still hopeful that his second approach might work.

WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:36 pm

-sandpelt-

sandpelt did indeed rear back, expecting his apprentice to do the same move as before, and was startled when he didn't manage to hit him, as this time he didn't try to jump. as his rear paws were pulled from under him, he collapsed with a grunt of surprise. "oof! uh, good job, Hawkpaw."

(well, I don't even know what sandpelt's power is exactly, so... XD)

LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum