Koi & Friends' RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trekkies United: Going Boldly

2 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Trekkies United: Going Boldly - Page 12 Empty Re: Trekkies United: Going Boldly

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:22 am

brianna didn't seem to notice the problem of her being in her pajamas. she yawned again and stretched before finally standing up. "that sounds like a plan. hopefully I'll see you at breakfast." 

but she was quickly stopped by a teacher, asked why she was out of uniform, and promptly reprimanded when she tried to explain. she wasn't always the best with words and a muddled brain only made things worse! Matrix wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary when a distinct wave of alarm washed over him, combined with quite a bit of embarrassment and chagrin as well...
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 805

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:37 pm

"Yeah, sure," Matrix agreed, considering saying something, but she was already leaving. He shrugged a bit uncomfortably, hoping nobody would see her.

He'd put on his uniform and fixed himself up when a sudden wave of emotion washed over him - alarm, mixed with a good deal of humiliation and chagrin. He gave a sigh, buttoning his jacket and heading out of his quarters towards the sensation, expecting to find her being questioned by a teacher. That was exactly what he found.

He walked up behind Brianna, looking to the teacher apologetically. "Please don't be upset with her, sir; it's my fault, really," he began, feeling sheepish. "I had a difficult night and she sensed my discomfort and came to make sure I was alright. She was very tired, so I offered to let her spend the night in my quarters. She's done nothing wrong."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 1057

http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:55 pm

"done nothing wrong, eh?" the teacher asked, turning a suspicious, hawkish gaze on the android cadet. "you are aware, I'm sure, that cadets are not to be anywhere but their own assigned quarters after lights-out?" he looked accusingly between the two. "not that I want to speculate on the moral integrity of either of you" yes he does- "-but you must admit that two cadets in one room, of opposite genders, staying overnight, is bound to raise some eyebrows..."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:16 pm

"Well... apart from that..." Matrix said quietly, lowering his head and averting his eyes - that is, until the teacher suggested a different motive for Brianna spending the night in his quarters. He straightened up and raised his head, trying to appear dignified but feeling just the opposite. "There was nothing of that sort going on, sir, I assure you. If you wish to speak to my superior officer, she knows of the situation I was involved in yesterday, as well as the friendship between Cadet Dhaki and myself. I am certain she could help to clear this up." Or at least, I hope so...
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:46 pm

"oh, I most certainly will be having a word with your superior officers, both of them," he said sternly, looking back to brianna, who was red-faced with embarrassment and indignation. "for now, dismissed. go get changed, cadet Dhaki." she scooted past the instructor and hurried down the hall to her own quarters to change. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so sorry... she kept thinking as she hurried away from Matrix again. "as for you, cadet Matrix, you've been asked to give your statement about yesterday's events immediately after breakfast time is over. I was sent to inform you personally."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Matrix watched as Brianna scurried away, giving an inward sigh. It's alright. Don't worry about it. It'll all work out. He looked back to the teacher as he began to speak once more. "Yes, sir," he responded meekly, lowering his head a little again. "May I ask where I will be required to make my statement?"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 pm

"in the station commander's office, as is procedure with such important matters," he told the android smartly. "for now, you have about twenty minutes free. report to the office no more than five minutes after the end of breakfast time." 

Brianna was waiting in the cafeteria with breakfast, nibbling her oatmeal a bit nervously. as usual, her lozenges were crooked. they never seemed to want to stay upright like they should.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:24 pm

(How did I know he was gonna be rude about it? xD)

"Yes, sir," Matrix murmured, feeling sullen as he headed to the mess hall.

Arriving there, he found Brianna sitting at their usual table, and sighed, making his way over, as he didn't feel like eating anything today. "Well... That was... unfortunate..." he mumbled, feeling his cheeks head up a bit as he thought once again about the implications the teacher had pointed out.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:36 pm

(because clearly he's just a rude person)

"stop that," Bri scolded, stabbing her oatmeal with her spoon. her cheeks were bright red. "I don't want to think about that and the more you do the more it's going to get stuck in my head." she shook her head, her vibrant hair still a mess. "god, I can't believe a teacher would even imply a thing like that, much less say it! what nerve!"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:51 pm

"Sorry..." Matrix apologized, still in a mumble. He sighed again. "I know. I wouldn't have expected that blatant of a suggestion, certainly. He was very rude. After you left, he even sassed me for asking where I would need to make my statement for yesterday's... incident." He scowled. "Of course I know the protocols, but I wasn't sure if this was important enough for the station commander's office. I was just being thorough. What's wrong with that?"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:12 pm

she sighed too, taking another bite. "everyone's been a bit on edge since yesterday afternoon, Mat, for better or worse. I know you probably didn't notice since you're at the center of it, but everyone's sort of holding their breath to see what becomes of this disciplinary hearing..." she glanced up at a clock over his head and suddenly started shoveling down her cooled oatmeal, realizing she had about 3 minutes before breakfast was over...
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Matrix's face flushed yet again at this news hit him. "Oh... Well..." He sighed. "That's certainly not what I wanted to happen. I just wish this whole thing was over with. It's only been a day, but it feels more like a year..." He looked at her wish a bit of alarm as she started shoveling her oatmeal, then realized she must have noticed the time. It was nearly time for him to head out, as well - he didn't want to be late, especially after the confrontation earlier that morning. "I should probably get going, I suppose," he sighed again. "The last thing I want is to get there late..."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 pm

she nodded and reached out to pat his hand reassuringly a couple of times as he got up to leave, not replying as her mouth was full. just be yourself. 

luckily the station commander was a kindly man, and the head nurse was already there, as was, surprisingly perhaps, T'kilk. he hardly looked pleased to be there, but it was difficult to read vulcan facial expressions as always. he seemed as if he might also look a bit ashamed of the whole situation. "Day-er, Matrix, come in, please, sit."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Matrix nodded wordlessly, giving her a thankful look.

Once he arrived, he lingered in the doorway of the station commander's office for just a fraction of a second before entering at the man's summons, noting his near-slip-up as he took one of the available seats with a soft "Sir." He couldn't help but notice T'kilk's presence, along with his apparent displeasure, and avoided making eye contact with the Vulcan - avoided looking in his direction altogether. The head nurse was also there, happily; he had come to trust her, and was thankful for her presence today.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:52 pm

"well, let's not waste any more time than we have to. we want to make sure you're back to your studies as soon as this matter is resolved." he steepled his fingers and looked over them. "T'kilk has already given his side of the story, and the head nurse has as well. hopefully your statement, should it match the others, will be enough, but for the sake of thoroughness I am told there was another witness to the incident itself that may need to make a statement before we decide on the outcome and punishment?" he motioned for matrix to begin and listened intently, nodding occasionally as the details quickly added up from the other reports. "I see. I see." he turned to the vulcan. "Cadet T'kilk, you are relieved of your station and will be returning to earth for full reprimand." once he left, he motioned for the nurse to stay and for matrix to remain seated. "I had another report about you just this morning from one of my command instructors. would you care to enlighten me of what was really going on between you and Cadet Brianna Dhaki?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Matrix proceeded to tell his side of the story to the most truthful and detailed degree he could, but when the station commander requested he stay after T'kilk had been relieved and brought up the incident from that morning, he blushed a little once more. "Yes, sir. Cadet Dhaki and I have become good friends over the past few weeks - so close, in fact, that we have become capable of communicating telepathically. When I realized last night that I was hearing her thoughts, I became panicked, thinking perhaps I was malfunctioning. Cadet Dhaki recognized there was something bothering me, but I didn't wish to cause her any more alarm, so I didn't tell her my fears. Instead, I sent a message out to my father on the Enterprise - Lieutenant Commander Data. He requested the assistance of ship's counselor Deanna Troi, and both of them helped to assure me that nothing was wrong." He left out the part about them being imzadi, feeling that it was perhaps too personal to share. "Cadet Dhaki overheard some of our conversation telepathically, however, and could not sleep, so she came to my quarters after-hours to make sure I was okay, and because she feared that she might be 'going crazy', as well. I explained what was going on, but she was so tired that she could not return to her own quarters to sleep, so I offered to let her sleep in my bed, while I slept in the chair." He paused for a moment, looking apologetic. "That is what happened, sir. I know she broke the rules coming to my quarters after-hours, and we both did by sleeping in the same quarters, but it was a bit of a... unique situation. I hope you can understand, sir."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:56 am

the commander nodded thoughtfully through this explanation as well, looking surprised as Matrix said that the other cadet was capable of telepathic communication. she had been registered in academy as human only, which was more than part of the reason she hadn't been offered any of the counseling normally given to Betazoids and other empaths and telepaths. "cadet, do you or cadet Dhaki know why she has developed telepathic tendencies? this is highly unusual for a human." 

the head nurse perked up before he could reply. "Brianna is half Betazoid, sir. I didn't notice it hadn't been corrected in her main personnel file. I had to correct the medical log when she came in the first day here."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:26 am

Matrix had opened his mouth to respond when the head nurse piped up. He nodded in agreement, though he looked a bit confused. "I find it interesting that she was not registered as such. That must be why she was never offered counseling for her abilities..." He frowned. "I, myself, was unaware that I was capable of reading telepathic messages, which is why I panicked. However, apparently that is normal, as well, according to Counselor Troi."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:30 am

the man nodded, steepling his fingers again. "now for a slightly more personal question... you mentioned your father as lieutenant commander Data..." he paused, then offered a small smile. "how is your old man, lately? I have to admit, when you first came aboard I thought you were him. it still takes me off guard a bit from time to time."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:42 am

Matrix gave a small smile at the question. "He is well, thank you for asking. The whole mess with the Ba'ku a year ago took a bit of a toll on him, but he's very content in his position." He paused, tilting his head curiously. "Do you know my father personally, sir?"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:54 am

"I most certainly do! he was in my year at academy!" the commander grinned. "he was a fantastic fellow and a better man than most of the organics there, I'll tell you that. it didn't surprise me a bit to hear he'd made it to the Enterprise, and to think I'm now teaching his son! what an honor!" 

the nurse coughed and the commander straightened up. "right, right. apologies. back to your work, Cadet Matrix. I believe you have a project to do."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:03 am

"It is an honor to be here, sir," Matrix told the commander, his smile broadening. He looked over at the nurse's cough and nodded, his eyes widening a little. "Ah, yes, of course. I should be getting back to that. Thank you, sir, for your understanding." He stood with a dip of his head and made his way back to the clinic, getting to work on the remainder of the project. He still felt a little guilty about T'kilk's fate, but told himself once again that he had done nothing wrong. Besides, perhaps the Vulcan would learn something from the incident, and would become a better officer in the future. One could only hope.

Mentally, he sent a short message to Brianna. All's well. Don't worry about this morning, either - everything's been taken care of.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:14 am

he probably got a brief flash of the classroom full of consoles and spare parts that Brianna was working in as she heard his (to her) very Loud thoughts. whew. that's a relief. there was suddenly a mentally shouted curse and a sharp pain in mat's right thumb like he'd struck it with a hammer or similarly heavy tool. uhh...I'll see you in a few minutes... came the sheepish thought as the phantom pain ebbed almost immediately. she'd had the chance to do some more exercises that helped block off part of the huge and wide-open bond they shared, and that was probably why he could and then couldn't feel her injury. 

sure enough, when she arrived a few minutes later and the head nurse came to help her, her right thumb was quickly turning purple. "and why weren't you wearing your safety gloves if you were using an impact hammer?" brianna blushed. "I needed my dexterity more..." she mumbled under her breath, knowing no excuse was a good one. she was always getting on other people for forgetting or neglecting safety procedures...
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:34 am

(*Data voice* "Uh-oh..." xD)

Matrix gave a small yelp of surprise and pain at the sudden, inexplicable sharp pain in his thumb. He nearly dropped what he was holding, his eyes wide with alarm as he searched for what had injured him, before realizing it was she who had been hurt, not him. ...Okay... he thought back apprehensively, finding it hard to focus on his task as he waited for her to get there.

When she arrived, his eyes widened at her darkening thumb, and he had to resist the urge to rush over to help. Instead, he listened in silence from across the room as he continued to work, though he turned faintly gold at her explanation. I'm sorry.
I distracted you. I should have waited to tell you.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:39 am

well it wouldn't have been a problem if I'd been wearing my safety devices properly now would it? she griped back at him as the nurse fussed over her, seeing that the last bone of her thumb was crushed. given their proximity and the amount of pain she was actually in it was downright astonishing he couldn't feel anything physically from her now. "this will take a little longer to heal than a small burn, you know," the nurse chastised her. Brianna drooped and nodded. "light duty until it's fully healed."

"ugggh not theory lessons again!"

"you brought this on yourself, cadet."

"...yes, sir."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content