Koi & Friends' RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trekkies United: Going Boldly

2 posters

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

Trekkies United: Going Boldly - Page 5 Empty Re: Trekkies United: Going Boldly

Post by WolfTrek Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:08 am

Matrix's smile broadened, as well, and he nodded. "That sounds good, yeah. I'd be happy to." He stood at the signal, heading off back the way he had come. "Yeah, see ya!" he called back happily, still smiling as he made his way back to his station.

(Mm, I'm not sure. Depends on if you want to try and come up with something for the exercises, or gloss over it. I was thinking perhaps Mat starts working with another medical cadet who is a bit uneasy around him, maybe even borderline rude, but they have to work together so Mat tries to be friendly and stuff. xD We could figure out something else to do with Brianna while we did that, too, if you wanted to go for it.)
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 1057

http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:22 pm

(I'm happy enough to gloss over it unless you wanted to do something with her learning about the closer familial bonds with mental links and of course what an imzadi is. she would have absolutely no idea. and that scene would be cool too, I don't mind if she's not in it, you know I like playing minor characters XD)

dinner was spent mostly in small talk, as Brianna bemoaned her now overly cautious instructor and the dead boring theory-only lessons she was giving now. "I just want to use my hands, you know? It's so frustrating, and I'm far from the only one feeling that way in class." she sighed and set down her spoon for a moment. "do you have a nickname?" she asked suddenly. "I don't mind you calling me brianna, but I prefer Brie, like the cheese. did your family ever shorten your name in a similar way?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 805

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:27 am

(Yeah, we could do that, with the close bonds and imzadi, that sounds good. Alright, epic. Let's do it, then. XD You can come up with the character and stuff, too~)

Matrix nodded, in complete understanding. "Yes, I can certainly empathize," he agreed with a small frown. "My first year of medical courses was quite dull, as well - I had already learned most everything my instructor was teaching us from Dr. Crusher and the other physicians on the Enterprise. Even now, I seem to have more experience than most of the other medical cadets, but at least I'm actually doing something productive most of the time." He tilted his head curiously as she brought up her nickname. "My father always calls me 'Matrix', but Acara and Geordi and some of the other officers on the Enterprise often call me 'Mat'," he replied. "I certainly don't mind if you use it, as well."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:50 pm

"mat? that was what I was going to suggest if you didn't have a nickname, actually," she told him, smiling. "well, Mat, how's your day otherwise been so far? has your personal research turned up anything interesting? at least you're not doing theory like me." she went back to eating, giving him the chance to reply freely. his calm and slightly happy demeanor seemed to improve her mood greatly.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:20 am

"Well, that is true," Matrix agreed with a small smile. "It is nice to be working in an actual medical bay, though I do worry a bit about how it may go once I'm working with other cadets; so far, I haven't dealt directly with anyone else, though I expect that will change soon. I always found it difficult to find anyone willing to be my lab partner during my first year." He frowned slightly at that thought. "As for personal research, I have found a bit out," he continued after a moment. "It would appear that your condition can be managed almost completely through further modification of the food slots to include little or no iron in your meals, though that will require permission from one of the senior officers, but I'm sure you probably knew all that already. As for a more permanent solution, it would seem possible to tweak your genetic code to resolve the disorder once and for all, though no one has been able to find the sequences that code for it - yet." He smiled slightly once again. "Perhaps I will be the first to find it."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:39 am

"forgive my ignorance, but you can tweak the genes of someone past the embryo stage?" that was certainly news to her...she'd never heard of such a thing. "well, if it could be done, I suppose that would be nice..." she scratched her chin momentarily. "well, anyway, I'm sure when you do get a lab partner things will get better. adults are more mature than children, of course." she wanted to ask if he'd found anything about her betazoid side, but for now there wasn't time. perhaps tonight, after dinner?
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:04 am

(I thought this was dinner... XD)

Matrix nodded. "To a certain degree, yes. There are other genetic disorders that have been "cured", as it were, but hemochromatosis is not one of them, unfortunately." He shrugged, not quite as sure that one year would make much of a difference. Besides, many of his fellow medical cadets on the station had also been in his first-year classes. As the chime went off, he frowned. "Mm, I suppose I'll have to tell you about the other things I found out about your heritage later. Once our shifts end, perhaps?"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:11 am

(well, then they can keep talking after dinner, can't they? XD oops)

"that would be good. I have some work still to do for now, but I'll meet you in the lounge a little later?" she got up to toss her food. "oh, have you heard that a few more cadets would be coming in tomorrow at breakfast?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:30 am

(Lol, it's fine. I had to glance back to make sure of what was happening, so. xD)

Matrix nodded. "That sounds good," he agreed cheerfully, getting to his feet and beginning to turn away when the news made him take pause and turn back once more. "No... I had not." He frowned slightly, feeling just slightly nervous. "I wonder if any of them are medical cadets..."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:49 pm

"It's possible, but I imagine most are command, with a few engineering. they're notorious for being late to the party." she grinned, apparently teasing, and waved. "give me a half hour or so, I'll meet you in the lounge."

it was 34 minutes later when she actually arrived, rubbing her temple as one problem had stumped her far more than she expected. she still wasn't convinced she'd actually gotten it right, but at this point she didn't care. she could work on it again tomorrow. "sorry I'm late, Mat. want to tell me about what you found?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Matrix raised an eyebrow, apparently not getting the joke, but nodded. "That sounds good. See you then." He waved as well, then headed out.

As she walked into the lounge later on, he looked up, sitting up a bit straighter in his chair. "It's no problem," he reassured her mildly, and nodded. "First off, my research indicates that a Betazoid's telepathic and empathic skills can vary widely in how far they can extend," he began. "Some can only sense thoughts and emotions, though most can also project their thoughts in true telepathy. Still others have the ability to manipulate the minds of other beings. As would be expected, half-Betazoids tend to have abilities on the lower end of the scale; it's not unusual for those individuals to only having the ability to communicate telepathically with other empaths and telepaths, though that's not always the case, and one can hone their abilities to a degree with training."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:42 pm

"well..." Bri nodded thoughtfully, a bit surprised. "I've never met another telepath or empath before, that I know of, at least. so I don't know if I have that ability at all. and my father never spoke of my mother's abilities either, so I don't know where on the spectrum she might have fallen." she rubbed her cheek a little, thoughtful. "anything else?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:01 am

Matrix nodded, understanding. "Those of partial Betazoid heritage are generally also able to experience full telepathic contact with people they are very close to emotionally, such as an imzadi." He paused. "I presume you don't know what an imzadi is?"
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:07 am

Brianna quickly shook her head. "I've never heard of it. I also didn't think about the fact that they'd speak another language until now..." she blushed at the obvious oversight on her part. "so what is an imzadi? it must be somehow a good thing...?" she added the last part more to herself, thoughtful
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:16 am

Matrix smiled a little in mild amusement at her oversight and obvious embarrassment, but said nothing on the matter. "'Imzadi' translates most closely to 'beloved', and is a term of endearment. It is a person with whom one shares a particularly strong love, either platonic or romantic, but more often romantic. Frequently, it is used for the first person with whom one has shared not only physical intimacy, but spiritual, as well."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am

her blush faded a bit, though her soft smile lingered at the thought that her father and mother must have been that way together...though she turned redder again at his last sentence. that wasn't something she wanted to be thinking about at her age, so much. "spiritual intimacy meaning being able to speak telepathically and such, I assume." she could sense his slight amusement at her, and if anything it made her more embarrassed about the situation. she was asking someone else to look up things she, by rights, should know. it was a terrible situation in her mind, at least. "ahem, um, anything else? you're a very good researcher, Mat."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:46 am

Matrix nodded. "Well, yes, that and a very special 'close' feeling that's apparently difficult to describe... especially when you have no idea what it feels like..." The last bit was mumbled slightly, and a look of embarrassment crossed his face, as well. Did he even have a 'spirit' to feel such things with? He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Quite a bit more, actually - far too much to fit in tonight, in fact. Betazoid culture is a bit unique in that honesty is thoroughly embraced by overall society, since hiding information among a species of telepaths would be functionally impossible. Apparently the degree of honest feedback is almost considered rude among other cultures, as the practice of lying to spare another's feelings or for the sake of politeness is a rather foreign concept to Betazoids."

(At some point, we should do a skip, since I don't think reading off the entirety of the Betazoid article on Memory Alpha is going to do either of us any good... XD)
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:33 am

(yeah now's good)

"I've always thought honesty is the best policy myself, and that's how my father raised me," she nodded. "and it's usually easy to tell when others are lying because of how nervous they are." she nodded. "well, if there's really so much to talk about, we should wait until tomorrow. I have a problem I'm stuck on that maybe a fresh set of eyes would help with..."

the next morning, the new set of cadets came in, and there was, in fact, one medical cadet.

GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:27 am

"As have I - my father is similar. In fact, I struggled with being too honest when I was younger." He giggled a little in embarrassment at the thoughts of his early days that it conjured up. He gave a nod as she mentioned her problem. "Sure, I can try to help with that..."

The next morning, Matrix was already working in the clinic and was unloading a shipment of medication vials when someone new walked in - a cadet. He halted abruptly as he noticed, his eyes widening with surprise. "Oh... hello."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:16 pm

the other boy--a vulcan--(because what the hey *shrug*) looked up in surprise at the person who greeted him. "Hello. I was not told to expect anyone working in the lab at this hour. What is your designation, Android?"

(because I may as well make him horribly racist, right? oh boy. also I had an idea for bri and mat's relationship getting closer. if he's having some strong negative emotion near her, bonus points if not in the same room, and she thinks to him asking what the problem is or if she can help, and he answers out loud, then realizes that A) she isn't there and B ) she didn't actually speak out loud, he didn't hear her with his ears. I imagine it would panic him, at least for a moment, and he'd go running to seek her out. she might not have even realized she'd done it at first either. she'd just be focused on him, worrying about him, and call out in the desire to comfort him)
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Matrix was rather taken aback by the fellow cadet's behavior and words. He hadn't exactly been expecting the world from any new cadets, but that... "M... My name is Matrix," he stammered, bewildered. "And I... I am a cadet. ...Like you," he added after a moment, shifting slightly in discomfort.

(Well why not? Let's torment him as much as possible. x'D Also, that sounds good, though I wonder if he would be able to sense her in that way. I've been debating that almost since we started, actually. There's no evidence one way or the other, as I recall, so I'm not sure.)
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:02 pm

(well, it's up to you, but i personally think it would be cool if he could. perhaps he can't answer back, though? and she can only do it rarely, when they are both in the throes of strong emotions?)

it was the Vulcan boy's turn to look taken aback at the new information. "surely you jest. androids are not capable of becoming cadets, certainly not in the medical track most of all." he stepped up to pass by him. "I must speak with the head instructor. carry on with your duties."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:14 pm

(Yeah, maybe. I was thinking that. Maybe eventually he could try and code some new programming into himself so he could respond, lol. Or maybe he already can and we just say it's a... thing? I dunno XD)

Mat's eyes widened even more than they already were at the further disrespectful behavior. He swallowed, opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out, so he closed it once again, his heart sinking. "She is... in her office..." he croaked softly, his voice wobbling a little in misery as he turned away. Perhaps the cadet was right. Perhaps they were all right. Maybe an android had no place in the medical field.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:14 am

(you know more about androids in general and data in particular so I'll leave it up to you)

after the young vulcan left, the other new cadets arrived for a check-up before beginning their duties. apparently there had been a bout of flight-sickness among them during the short trip. all looked taken aback at Matrix too, but they didn't seem upset to find him a cadet. one even mistook him for his father, not seeing the differently colored eyes as he hadn't looked up at the group yet.
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:32 am

(I'll have to think on it some more, but I'd say him being able to hear her is a good possibility, simply because aww. xD)

A rather downtrodden Matrix had gone back to unloading the shipment of vials and putting them in their correct places when a small group of other cadets walked in. As his back was turned, he could only hear them approaching, and was reluctant to turn around... until one cadet called him Data. He looked up, vivid green eyes wide. "Oh, no, I am not Lieutenant Commander Data. ...He is my father, actually. My name is Matrix." Well, at least this group didn't seem upset or wary, just a little surprised...
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next