Koi & Friends' RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trekkies United: Going Boldly

2 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Trekkies United: Going Boldly - Page 8 Empty Re: Trekkies United: Going Boldly

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:48 pm

(well oops XD I guess bri didn't know that then)

Bri kept her arms tight around him, keeping her ear on his chest until her eyes suddenly snapped open as she realized she actually could hear his heart pounding away in his chest! she gently squeezed a little tighter. it's okay Mat, it's over now. are you okay?
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Prey : 805

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:03 pm

(That's fine xD I don't think it would exactly be something he'd just spout out, considering it's normal for him, so.)

As she continued to hug him tightly, Matrix began to calm a little more, his pulse gradually slowing. He looked down at her as he heard the whisper of her question, not realizing she hadn't spoken aloud. "I'm... I'm fine, really," he reasserted, though his voice still shook a little. "Though, I can't say I really know what happened, or why. He just... became very... irate. Even then, though, I did not expect he would actually... lash out like that..."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Prey : 1057

http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:21 pm

she looked up at him as he spoke, gently resting the point of her chin on his chest, looking up at his face. "I'm shocked he did too," Brianna admitted. "but it's okay now. you're safe and he's being disciplined. if you're able, why don't you ask for a little time off work so you can calm and settle things back down?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Matrix nodded, swallowing. She was right. Everything was fine now. He could relax. "Yeah... Yeah, that's... probably a good idea," he murmured in agreement to her suggestion. "I'll ask the head nurse when she comes back out." He wasn't quite sure when that would be, though, given how frantic she'd seemed as she'd pulled T'kilk into her office...
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Brianna sighed and finally let him go, patting his chest with her palm a couple of times a bit awkwardly. "how about I stay here with you until she comes out again so you can talk with her?" she suggested, sitting on a stool nearby. she finally took stock of the rest of the room. "what are you studying?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:53 pm

(Great, now I've gotta come up with something he's studying. Thanks.  XD)

"Yeah...  Alright," Matrix agreed, shifting on his feet in an equal amount of awkwardness.  At her question, he glanced behind him at his station, halfway across the room.  "Well... we were preparing slides for our joint project," he began, looking back to her with a slight frown.  "We're studying the link between photosynthesis and the rate of reproduction of a particularly unique species of cyanobacterium from Bolarus IX."  He paused, distracted, and sighed.  "I hope T'kilk does not get expelled for what he did..."  Despite everything that the Vulcan cadet had said and done, he still didn't wish that fate upon him.

(There.  I hope you're happy.  XD)

EDIT:  (Changed to "bacterium" because I think that's more grammatically correct, though it doesn't sound quite right xD)
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:09 am

Brianna nodded in fascination at his explanation of the research, turning the stool and trying to peek through the microscope, wondering what cyanobacteria looked like. "ooh, they're green..." she looked back up at his last sentence, a soft frown on her features. "Matrix...if that winds up being what happens here, it isn't your fault. you did everything you could to fix the situation and stop it from escalating. whatever punishment he receives, he will have brought it on himself, all right?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:21 am

Matrix averted his eyes, looking down at the floor. "I know, but that doesn't mean part of me doesn't still feel bad about it having happened to begin with," he said softly. "I don't hold any ill will towards him for what he said and did. I only wish things could've been different."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:37 pm

"hey, I'm a betazoid. I read minds, not see the future," she tried to joke, offering a fake smile in an attempt to make him feel better. "whatever happens now, Mat, just remember he brought it on himself." she stood back up to pat his shoulder gently. "don't beat yourself up over this. you did the right thing as best you could every step of the way. I wish it hadn't happened either, but as my father used to say, 'wish in one hand and spit in the other, which one fills up faster?'"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Matrix gave her a slightly pained smile in return. "I know... I'll try not to be so hard on myself," he promised with a sigh, glancing down again, though he looked back up at her odd saying. "Well... I will say that is one of the more... interesting sayings I've heard, though I suppose it is apt," he said, a hint of humor in his tone and a vaguely disgusted look on his face.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:16 pm

she smiled a little more and patted his shoulder again. "I'll be seeing you. have the nurse call on me if you need a character witness, or something." and feel better, Mat. she sighed and hurried out, knowing she was probably going to be reprimanded for just running out in the middle of class as she had done
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Matrix nodded. "Yeah, I will. Thanks," he told her, frowning in concern as he wondered how her instructor would react to her having rushed out in the middle of class. He hoped she wouldn't be punished.

He hung uncertainly in the middle of the room for a few seconds after she left before giving a sigh and returning to his station. Might as well keep working on the project, he supposed - he didn't know what would happen with it now, but doing something to keep his mind occupied was better than standing around doing nothing, and he didn't want to slack off, especially if the assignment was still a go.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:31 pm

it was a good twenty minutes later when the head nurse stepped out and saw Matrix quietly working on his half of the assignment she had given the two cadets. "cadet...just take some time off, please. go to the lounge and try to relax. I will need your full count of events shortly, but I have some paperwork to do for now." she stepped past him to go and fetch someone to take the cadet to a containment cell, apologizing to him as he left and explaining it was protocol. he had the grace to look ashamed as he passed Matrix on the way out of medical. "this wasn't your fault, Matrix. this isn't the first time he's gotten in trouble for having a surprisingly hot temper for his species."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Matrix jumped slightly as the nurse spoke; she had managed to sneak up on him, as his mind was distracted by his own thoughts in addition to focusing on what he was doing. "Oh... Yes, sir," he murmured, turning toward the door but halting once more as T'kilk passed him. He noted the Vulcan cadet's sheepish expression. He was glad to see it, in a way, but it also made him feel a bit ashamed himself. The nurse seemed to read his thoughts, as, moments later, she spoke up once more, offering words of reassurance. He nodded, averting his eyes and swallowing, finding himself mute on the matter. "Ah... just let me know when you need me, sir. And.. thank you," he finally managed after a few moments, giving her a grateful look and dipping his head respectfully before heading out.

He picked his way slowly to the lounge as ordered, not quite sure he wanted to be around other cadets at the moment and hoping that few would be around at this hour.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:56 pm

as everyone was still in class or working on projects at the time, the lounge was mercifully empty for at least a few minutes. after a short time, though, one of the doors opened and a pair of black eyes peered around the corner at the android cadet. "what're you doing in here?" Brianna asked, brows furrowed
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Relieved to find the lounge empty, Matrix had picked out a book -he was a bit surprised they had actual paper books - from the bookcase and settled down in one of the chairs to read it. He was about halfway through when he heard the swoosh of an opening door and looked up to see red hair and a pair of dark eyes peering at him from around the corner. "The nurse told me to take some time off and try to relax," he replied, happy to see her, but also slightly concerned. "I hope your instructor did not reprimand you for leaving earlier..."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:18 pm

she sighed and straightened up to come in and sit beside him. "they did," she informed him. "but once I came back and explained myself they were all right with it. and I finished my workload early and asked permission to leave this time. I wanted to be with you and make sure you were doing alright." she picked at the knee of her uniform a little, seeming nervous. "uh, what're you reading? I'm surprised to see paper books all the way out here..."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:32 pm

Matrix was a little surprised at her admission, though he was touched at the same time. "Oh... well... Thank you. I'm glad you were not punished too harshly," he said, feeling his cheeks flush slightly in embarrassment that she'd been so concerned about him. He glanced down at the book, closing it and turning the cover toward her. "An old classic," he murmured. "I thought Captain Picard was one of the few people who still favored paper books, but I guess they aren't as uncommon as I had assumed."
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:44 pm

"there's just something about the smell and sound and texture of paper books that no viewscreen will ever match, no matter how compelling the story written." she was surprised she hadn't read the book he held out, actually, usually being pretty well read on the classics. "so...I was reading some more about Betazoid culture last night, after lights out," she admitted, turning a little pink. she wasn't one to circumvent the rules, as he probably knew very well by now. "it's really quite fascinating. and I found some write-ups on meditation techniques. one of them requires a helper, I wonder if you'd let me use you?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:57 pm

"As do I," Matrix agreed with a smile, glancing down at the book in his hands once more. He quickly looked back up, however, as she admitted she had been reading after lights out; normally she was a very firm believer in rules - not that he could say he was any different. At her request, however, he smiled once more. "Of course. I would be honored," he told her warmly, setting the book on the little table next to his chair. "Though, I hope that I will be able to help, considering I am not a Betazoid, and not even an organic being, at that..." His smile disappeared into a slight frown at that thought; he didn't even know if the techniques would work with him or not.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:14 pm

"well, I can sense your emotions, and I think that's the main important thing if I read it correctly," she told him, offering a small smile. "I just need you to think about different things that make you feel different emotions, and I guess what you're thinking about. it's supposed to test if I might have any actual telepathy, but at this point I'm pretty sure I don't." she shrugged. "it's more of a game than anything, and it will strengthen my ability to separate my own emotions from others'. I hope."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:29 pm

"Oh, that sounds like something I can do," Matrix said, his smile returning as he cheered up a little. "Alright... Well, let's see..." he murmured, considering what he could think about. The first thing that came to mind was his family on the Enterprise, so he latched onto it, letting the mingled feelings of affection and longing grow within him.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:44 pm

brianna sat still and closed her eyes to concentrate on him more closely, trying to read his emotions more clearly than the passive sensing she normally always did. she smiled softly at the feeling of affection. "you're thinking of your family, aren't you? you almost feel homesick."
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfTrek Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:09 pm

Matrix was a bit surprised when she quite easily guessed what he'd been thinking about. "Yes... I suppose I am a little homesick," he admitted. "Before the Academy, I had never really been away from the Enterprise. This is my first time "away from home", as it were. I do miss my family and friends." He began to grow a bit sad as he thought more about it, so he tried to push it away, focusing instead on thoughts of strawberry trifle. The dessert had become a sort of comfort food to him, and even the thought of it brought some feelings of pleasure.
WolfTrek
WolfTrek
WHAT IS A STAR TREK
WHAT IS A STAR TREK

Back to top Go down

Post by GallifreyHanyou Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:12 pm

"hmm..." this one was harder. something pleasureable, but in what way? she rubbed her temples a little and concentrated harder. strawberries? she asked herself, randomly smelling them as she focused on his mind. "are you thinking of...strawberries? I can smell them...?"
GallifreyHanyou
GallifreyHanyou
LADY IN REEEEEEEED
LADY IN REEEEEEEED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next